Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I realise times are tight and getting tighter, but does that mean the only people selling there LS400,s are, to be kind, less than hounest.

I have been looking for about a month for a 95 to 98 LS400 with up to £2500 to spend, and all I have seen is rubish, that has no similarity to the advert.

I realise £2500 is not a lot of cash, but in todays market I was hopeing to do better. Any help or advice realy would help.

Thank you

Tel

I looked for over 6 months and got 93 in apr 07 on eBay. It is as near mint as you'd expect for the year with under 100k so they are about. I'd be more inclined to not rule out a 93/94 and pay a bit over the odds. I paid £2500 so you should get one. History is very important, even if it's DIY. Keep looking you will find one. With petrol what it is they will soon appear. Actually there is a stack on eBay at the mo, personally I'd stay away from dealers and get one from an enthusiast.

roys motor company in norwich has an LS400 up for £1000 at the moment if its any help. less than 100k too in white. looks a nice car from the pic i saw in the paper.

I fink it's silver - unless they have more than one. Looked pretty unmarked as well.

Hi

I realise times are tight and getting tighter, but does that mean the only people selling there LS400,s are, to be kind, less than hounest.

I have been looking for about a month for a 95 to 98 LS400 with up to £2500 to spend, and all I have seen is rubish, that has no similarity to the advert.

I realise £2500 is not a lot of cash, but in todays market I was hopeing to do better. Any help or advice realy would help.

Thank you

Tel

I think £2500 is to low. 98s are around £4000/ £4500 if your talking mint. unmarked condition. Forget the petrol situation. Petrol has always been expensive, but People have always loved big juicy cars. The Ls400 is fantastic on petrol. My 97 does around 25mpg in town. more when on a run. I would want around £3500 if I sold it. They are beautiful cars. Cant see myself in anything else.

There is many on eBay but be careful on there. Go & drive before paying. You may find a cheap one for £2500 only to get it home & find it needs £1000s spent on it. Tyres & brakes can almost come to that. & if you discover gearbox or suspension problems, you will end up with a lot of expense. I know many people who cant sell a car to someone from their home because of "comebacks" so get rid of their old dog by slinging it in an car auction or on eBay!

Having said that I'm sure there are the odd good one on there, just be careful. Good luck with your search.

Just entered a value of up to 3K on Auto Trader and 66 LS400 cars came up some 96year model with less than 90K miles.

Worth a browse. Try for private sellers other than trade.

Service history and plenty of receipts are a must.

Hi

Keep it comeing chaps.

The info is all good.

I have viewed 4 eBay cars, the description given over the phone would sujest most are traders pretending to be retail eg, wich car are you phoning about..............

On there description you would walk past there car in a carpark and noy recognise the pile of junk. The cars are cheap and getting cheaper, this isnt because they are bad it is because they are big, with a big engine. I have been talking to a friend who is the used car director for a large motor group. On tuesday the board decided to trade 327 vehicles all over 2500cc.

So,,, I am happy to pay good money for a good car. I just wish I could find a good car

Regards

Tel

Be careful There no such thing as a "cheap" LS. Buy the wrong one and you could see yourself spending a £1000 or more putting it straight. £2500 is probably a bit too low for a 98 car. But search through these pages to see what the common niggles are on LS cars. The front control arms can be expensive if the ball joints are worn out, the rear ones are expensive but the labour involved in replacing it another thing. Make sure exhaust isnt blowing from anywhere, a new sections from lexus wont be cheap. Often this will be factored into the selling price. If its not been well looked after, repairs will be expensive.

Hi

Well everything comes to he who waites, or something like that. Am the owner as of Wednesday of a 1995 LS400 80K mls stamped history and all old mot,s

Bodyhas a few battle scars, interiour is loveley in grey hide. Wants a new N/S/F top wishbone and a set of pads, other than that superb.......

have just finished a 420 mile journey and delighted with 29.7 mpg.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

Regards

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links