Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, I'm intrigued by previous posts across the range of a corrosion problem on Lexus wheels. I've had my IS220d for just over 2 years now from new and had a set of wheels replaced just over a year ago. Believe it or not, the replacement wheels are just starting to show signs of corrosion as well.

I'm amazed that a car of this (supposed) quality should have problems of this nature. I guess I have driven alloys on all of my cars for about 18 years now and have never experienced a corrosion problem before.

some of the previous posts I read were over 2 years old, I'm about to speak to my delaer about the problem again and wondered if anyone else was getting the same issue?

Also, as an aside the drivers side wipper arm is heavily bubbled under the paint which I also assume is corrosion, so hopefully they will resolve that as well!

Had the same problem with the 17" 10 spoke alloys on my Is250, replaced under warranty, but now awaiting another set as the replacements were scratched when the dealer had the tyres fitted... Still waiting for them to arrive as there now seems to be a back order problem!!. Amazed Lexus still haven't sorted this....

It's an odd problem, but every single car we've owned has had alloy corrosion, and only Lexus have simply replaced them free of charge with no quibble. The others put up a fight, and BMW wouldn't even do it - with our weather conditions, corrosion is an inevitability unless you regularly use alloy wheel sealants or waxes and clean regularly to protect them.

had wheel corrosion on my previous golf gti all four wheels replaced.the difference is that the lexus ones seem to corrode quicker,i've had five so far,a toyota salesman told me that toyota were coming to an end with deal from the current supplier.

Had the same problem with the 17" 10 spoke alloys on my Is250, replaced under warranty, but now awaiting another set as the replacements were scratched when the dealer had the tyres fitted... Still waiting for them to arrive as there now seems to be a back order problem!!. Amazed Lexus still haven't sorted this....

Had my 4 X replacement 17"s on order for a month now. Told by Lexus Cambs could be a while as they are now being modified what ever that means. Maybe new supplier as 'dgman' suggests in his mail. They've got to get it sorted as this is the Lexus Achilles heel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links