Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there all

any body out there help me to value my Gs 300 Sport 2000 x reg with 120k. I am the second owner and have only done 8k miles since we purchased it. Info to help value my car as follows, Full Lex Service History In excellent condition Full MOT 3 months Tax.

Thanks in advance.

WhatCar reckons your GS300 Sport is worth anywhere between £4k (trade) and £4.6k (private) with that kind of mileage, although I suspect the true/actual selling price might be slightly lower than £4k- reason: not many people want to buy/run a big 3.0 litre car with the current price of fuel/tax.

What's the reason for wanting to sell, if you don't mind me asking? If there is no real reason to sell (ie: I fancy a new car), I suggest you might as well as keep it (if you can afford to pay for it, fuel/tax/insurance/repairs etc) because you have a quality/reliable motor. If your circumstances have changed (ie: need a diesel because you are driving long distances or you need a bigger car (MPV) for the family), then IMHO that is a valid reason to change cars.

I'm exactly in the same situation as you, I have considered selling my IS200 (on a 2000 'X' plate) with 107k on the clock recently. With that kind of mileage, my car is worth £3.5k-£4k (according to WhatCar), I think if I actually came to sell it, I'd probably get £3k to £3.3k if I'm lucky. So I've decided to run my car until it falls apart, besides, as my car is registered before 1st March 2001, my road tax will cost me £185 next year, instead of £400 (for all post 1st March 2001 reg'd IS200's).

It's a bad time to be selling a big petrol engine car, sorry.

WhatCar reckons your GS300 Sport is worth anywhere between £4k (trade) and £4.6k (private) with that kind of mileage, although I suspect the true/actual selling price might be slightly lower than £4k- reason: not many people want to buy/run a big 3.0 litre car with the current price of fuel/tax.

What's the reason for wanting to sell, if you don't mind me asking? If there is no real reason to sell (ie: I fancy a new car), I suggest you might as well as keep it (if you can afford to pay for it, fuel/tax/insurance/repairs etc) because you have a quality/reliable motor. If your circumstances have changed (ie: need a diesel because you are driving long distances or you need a bigger car (MPV) for the family), then IMHO that is a valid reason to change cars.

I'm exactly in the same situation as you, I have considered selling my IS200 (on a 2000 'X' plate) with 107k on the clock recently. With that kind of mileage, my car is worth £3.5k-£4k (according to WhatCar), I think if I actually came to sell it, I'd probably get £3k to £3.3k if I'm lucky. So I've decided to run my car until it falls apart, besides, as my car is registered before 1st March 2001, my road tax will cost me £185 next year, instead of £400 (for all post 1st March 2001 reg'd IS200's).

Having owned a GS300 Sport Series 1 for 6 years and driven IS 200 on several occasions I found very little difference in fuel consumption. As for road tax If the 300 is on an " X " it may well be before March 2001 the same as yours meaning that the tax would be exactly the same. I don't think that this is really a bad time to be selling " a big petrol engine car " as I have (4 weeks ago) changed my '96 300 Sport for a 52 reg 430 SE Nav and I can't believe that I am the only person buying this type of car.

NB As regards fuel costs, I have so far found the 430 to return very similar consumption to the older 300 Sport, 17/19 town use, 28/30 on run at "around" 70ish.

Agreed,

Shake on here is having trouble selling his and he currently has it up for sale at a stupidly low price

A friend of a friend is selling his GS, more or less the same as my old one (02 SE Nav 115k) and is also having trouble, currently has it up for 4.5k.

I sold mine almost 2 months ago for 5.5k, looks like I just sold it in time!!!

I can't believe that I am the only person buying this type of car. -I'm talking in general, many people are downsizing their cars (why?- credit crunch, high gas/electric costs etc). I didn't say no one is buying big petrol engined cars, there is always someone who wants a big thirsty petrol engined car.

NB As regards fuel costs, I have so far found the 430 to return very similar consumption to the older 300 Sport, 17/19 town use, 28/30 on run at "around" 70ish. -The GS430 has a VVTI system (improves mpg?), where as your old GS300 Sport didn't, so your not comparing like-for-like.

I accept your points kam05 but whilst I am aware of the reasons that the 430 returns similar consumption to early 300 it also seems to deliver similar to the 200,(the only ones that I have driven were 2003/2004 models) so the point I am making is that you say "It's a bad time to be selling a big petrol engine car, sorry." engine size is frequently not a big factor in fuel economy.

Glass guide lists part-ex price of this car in excellent condition as £3280.

Bear in mind, that the trade are not buying in anything from premium brands/high fuel consumption unless it's way under book price.

From another article I read, cars like Audi A6s are dropping at the rate of 10% A MONTH!

part exchange you will struggle to get anywhere near £3k.

i've had to walk away from many dealers as they wont offer me much. i just cant let the car go for £2k!!!!!! most i've been able to get a quote for is £2750, lowest £2k at car giant.

Paul somehow managed to sell his, though i honestly think he held a gun to some ones head forcing them to buy it off him :P

:offtopic: :offtopic:

stumbled into you on the st forum paul, nice motor! was thinking st tdci but then found the problems/help section on the forum :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks peeps for all the information on here all your comments are very valide but i am only seling the car as it is a saloon and not because its not affordable, im looking for a estate...2.5v6 TDI any one got one to PX

Any one got any xenons bulbs for sale as one of mine have blown according to Lexus and they have just quoted me £175.23 inc VAT... My initial enquiry was for the ballast unit but they state as xenons are standard fit on my car they do not fit ballasts in them !!!!

Please help.

Thanks in advance

probably worth moving the working bulb to the non working light to confirm it is the bulb.

You should be able to get a Xenon bulb for under £100, no need to go to Lexus. I know Philips do a bulb with a 'worn' colour temperature so it will match the other side.

i just cant let the car go for £2k!!!!!!

OMG !!!!!!!

Paul somehow managed to sell his, though i honestly think he held a gun to some ones head forcing them to buy it off him :P

lol, no gun needed dude, the guy left me great feedback too :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260238142506

:offtopic::offtopic:

stumbled into you on the st forum paul, nice motor! was thinking st tdci but then found the problems/help section on the forum :(

Thanks, it realy is a great car, im realy pleased with it. But at the end of the day it is still a Ford!!! and some of them do have some problems.

Thanks, it realy is a great car, im realy pleased with it. But at the end of the day it is still a Ford!!! and some of them do have some problems.

i bet your not bored of the over boost feature!

the st was 2nd choice after the leon fr. fancied something smaller so fr won. its a shame its not a lexus, i miss the smooth drive and auto box!

over boost?

the st tdci has an over boost feature, where you floor it and for about 20seconds or so it ups the torque to 299 lbs ft from 265 lbs ft

over boost?

the st tdci has an over boost feature, where you floor it and for about 20seconds or so it ups the torque to 299 lbs ft from 265 lbs ft

mmmmm didn't know that

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links