Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone

I have just bought my first Lexus and collect it next Tuesday so this is my first proper post on here and I have 2 question to ask you all,

1- In about 1500 miles it's due a cambelt change so has anyone a rough idea of price and any suggestions of a good place near Slough to get it done.

2 - The front drivers seat bolster has worn and I want to change the seat,what i'm wanting to know is what MK had the heated rear seats and switches in the rear arm rest and could it be fitted in a MK1 if I can find a complete interior?

Can only comment on the timing belt. First of all a car that age does not justify Lexus garage but I would use oem parts as well as water pump and idler. If it breaks it won't do any damage so don't fret over it going past the recommended mileage.

Can only comment on the timing belt. First of all a car that age does not justify Lexus garage but I would use oem parts as well as water pump and idler. If it breaks it won't do any damage so don't fret over it going past the recommended mileage.

Cheers mate

Cambelt at Lexus Teesside is £423. Lexus offer 15% discount on servicing costs for cars over 3 years old, I think they call it 'Lexus Club'

Mine's going in on Tuesday..

Thats not to bad at all can you let me know what that includes please.

Cambelt at Lexus Teesside is £423. Lexus offer 15% discount on servicing costs for cars over 3 years old, I think they call it 'Lexus Club'

I charge a bit more than that, But at 423 does that include the Vat and what parts do they replace or is it just belt only.

When I go in that far this is what I inform the owner to replace if planning to keep the car for a while.

Timing belt, Drive belt, Pulleys, Rotar arms, Dis Caps, Theomstat, Water pump, Coolent.

This will save in the long run.

I also check out the power steering pump(O-ring) for leaking and give the alternator a go clean if been dripped on.

I would also mention leads, plugs and oil/air filter change and transmisson fluid change while in the air on a ramp. These items can be done quite easily at home or at a later date.

Welcome Ken

Enjoy the car first and dont be scared off by all the problems on here - u can save a small fortune here mate.

You should also check all ball-joints all round - rear is common to go apperently, mine have been ok tho'. The front has upper and lower - uppers are dear if they need replacing - trust me i know :tsktsk:

Typical faults include a blinking dash - can be fixed for a quid!, £100 or £1500 - i bought the quid parts and am attempting myself soon

Thats not to bad at all can you let me know what that includes please.

I had a 'B' Service done, plus Timing Belt and Spark Plugs. (Plugs are £10 each!)

Total Parts was £202.31, labour £637.20. All plus Vat.

Sounds a lot I know, and it's the first time I've ever had a car serviced at a garage, as I always do my own but as far as I'm concerned the car is 'set' up now and good up to 200,000 miles. (She's done 136k at the mo)

Plus I saved by replacing my own front brake pads last week, £23 + vat for the parts, and zero pounds for the labour!

One thing I did notice is that immediately after the service the average fuel consumption on the car's computer went from 26.5mpg average to 29.8, and I didn't change my driving style.... (Wonder if they have a programme which makes the computer read differen tly just after it's serviced...)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links