Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Don't Have To Press "i Agree" Any More

Hi

Just bought one of these from the states

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=180211888934

Took about 30mins to fit to the rear of the radio, ran the wire through the center console to the arm rest box and hey presto 80gb of dodgy old songs to listen to....

Anyway the very best bit is the programmable option to remove the need to agree to drive like a saint before the sat nav will come on, it just shows the screen for 5 seconds and then switches on.... Personally I would have paid the money just to have got that.

The integration works just as it says on the ad and has been faultless up to now, it has not effected the Parrot blue tooth car kit either.

Pete

Hi

Just bought one of these from the states

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=180211888934

Took about 30mins to fit to the rear of the radio, ran the wire through the center console to the arm rest box and hey presto 80gb of dodgy old songs to listen to....

Anyway the very best bit is the programmable option to remove the need to agree to drive like a saint before the sat nav will come on, it just shows the screen for 5 seconds and then switches on.... Personally I would have paid the money just to have got that.

The integration works just as it says on the ad and has been faultless up to now, it has not effected the Parrot blue tooth car kit either.

Pete

That looks amazing, but ouch, it's expensive... I was just thinking today as my CD player went from Disc six back to Disc one again that I either need to make 6 new CD's or finaly get my iPod or N95 connected up properly...

I was also thinking that I would pay someone to get rid of that stupid 'I agree' page... Man that is annoying... What annoys me most is there is NO option to say 'I don't agree'...

Thanks for the info. Was it hard to take the stereo out?

What am I saying, you've already drilled a 5inch hole in your car, I am sure the stereo was no problem to you.

For a paranoid person like me, it would be a MAJOR job to do that! Then I'd be so afraid that I'd have messed with the ABS and VSC that I'd have to take her down to Lexus for a €1,500 service just to ease the mind!!!

:shifty:

Hi

Removing the radio is very easy and the Lexus doesn't mind what you unplug, I even tried the interface out before putting it back together so all the switches below the radio were unplugged and it all goes back together alright.

If you want to do it yourself let me know and I'll supply step by step instructions, you will need a small right angle pry bar in stiff plastic or metal, this has to slip behind the wooden panel with the seat cooler buttons and pull it out, I use a very thin screwdriver with the last 10mm bent over at right angles, you also need a cross head screwdriver to undo 3 screws and a long reach 10mm socket to undo 2 bolts.

I took out the cup holder (4 crossheads) to put the cable throught to the console box and had to cut a hole in the front of the box for the lead, I used a dremmel but you could do it with a drill or probably a craft knife, its about 1mm stiff plastic.

It really is pretty easy.

It worked out at about £130 with the postage which I didn't think too bad when you consider what you end up with... anyway not much more than a tank of petrol now....

If you fancy a drive I'll fit it for you!

Pete

You sure make it sound easy! You also sound quite amazing with tools and stuff...

Ireland is in a recession now, so I better just keep my money in my pocket for the moment!!!

I really would love something like this though. You could leave the iPod in it all the time and you have 80GB's of music to listen to... WOW....

Hi Haylands!

I have one of these installed in my 430 but I was unaware of the option to remove the "I Agree" !

Would you be kind enough to explain how I activate this software feature?!

Would be eternally grateful to get rid of that "safety feature!"

My LS430 is going in for a service at Lexus Woodford in a couple of weeks time. If I ask them to fit an Ipod dock or what ever they are called, is this the same system that they would use? I'm not too worried about getting rid of the "I Agree" button as I have been known not to agree with it most times anyway. :blink:

Hi Haylands!

I have one of these installed in my 430 but I was unaware of the option to remove the "I Agree" !

I'll try to find the book and let you know, we are moving on Monday and in a bit of a mess.......

My LS430 is going in for a service at Lexus Woodford in a couple of weeks time. If I ask them to fit an Ipod dock or what ever they are called, is this the same system that they would use? I'm not too worried about getting rid of the "I Agree" button as I have been known not to agree with it most times anyway. :blink:

I doubt it, these are only available from across the pond as far as I'm aware, drive to Hull and I'll do it for half what they want!!!!

Pete

I had a chat with my local Lexus dealer the other day and they said they don't have anything to fit to the LS430 for Ipod connectivity. They did give me the number of a guy who has somthing he can fit, but it doesn't display track information and I will possibly loose the six disc cd changer. He said he hasn't done an LS430 before so it didn't fill me with confidence. Perhaps he could do my eye operation as well, he probably hasn't done one of those either but he could probably gove it a go :blink: . Does anyone know of a professional audio installer in Hertfordshire or sourounding areas who might be able to help me if I get the new all singing all dancing Ipod adapter from the states? Many thanks and have a good weekend everyone.

Hi

Just had a quick look on here before I unplug it and move house, this adapter is very easy to fit, I shall "refit" mine and take some photos, but you will have to bear with me as it will be a while before we are settled in our new home....

Watch this space

Pete

Hi Haylands!

Here it is straight from the manual

Activate / Deactivate “I Agree” Automatic Bypass Function

Put your device in Simple Mode by rapidly pressing the [sCAN] button 8 times (MUST BE DONE within 1-2 seconds).

Push DISC REPEAT button to hear a long beep to toggle the “I Agree” Automatic Bypass Function ON and OFF. (For

vehicles not equipped with DISC REPEAT as a physical button, push and hold the REPEAT button until you hear a

long beep to toggle the “I Agree” Automatic Bypass Function ON and OFF.

You can get the complete manual from here

http://www.vaistech.com/sli.php

Its at the bottom of the page

Good Luck

Pete

I have orderd the Vais Technology SL2Vi adapter direct from the states. Also, Lexus Woodford have said that as it is a plug and play setup, they are more than happy to fit it for me. I'm looking forward to playing some video's from my iPod on the satnav screen. Apparently it emulates a Mini Disc player for the iPod and brings up a DVD screen. I will put up some pics as soon as it arives and is fitted.

• 2 years later...

Just resurrecting this thread. I've had the SL2i-UP unit installed and am trying to enter 'Simple' mode. The instructions mention physical buttons that don't exist!

Put your device in Simple Mode by rapidly pressing the [sCAN] button 8 times (MUST BE DONE within 1-2 seconds).

Push DISC REPEAT button to hear a long beep to toggle the “I Agree” Automatic Bypass Function ON and OFF. (For

vehicles not equipped with DISC REPEAT as a physical button, push and hold the REPEAT button until you hear a

There is no physical SCAN button! There is a SCAN button on the display but you cannot press that 8 times within 1-2 seconds. There are also no physical REPEAT or DISC REPEAT buttons. Any ideas?

Just resurrecting this thread. I've had the SL2i-UP unit installed and am trying to enter 'Simple' mode. The instructions mention physical buttons that don't exist!

There is no physical SCAN button! There is a SCAN button on the display but you cannot press that 8 times within 1-2 seconds. There are also no physical REPEAT or DISC REPEAT buttons. Any ideas?

Just popped back in and noticed my old thread.... it is the scan button on the touch screen and you can press it 8 times in two seconds... use you fingernail and do it gently and it's quite easy.... same with the other buttons, it's not how hard you do it, there is a knack to it, I used to turn my finger over with the fingerprint facing upwards and tap the screen with my nail (if that makes sense)....

Good Luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links