Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Title Display ?

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with something that has been puzzling me since I bought my car. I've got a 2007 RX400h with the Mark Levinson sound system incorporating a 6 cd changer. When I put in a CD there is a line on the screen display for 'CD title' and 'track title' but none of the CDs I have ever put in have had their titles displayed and there doesn't seem to be an option to manually add the title either. Should it be reading titles off the CD like when you put a CD into your computer ? If so how do I get this to work !? The manual does not seem to mention this......

Thanks

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with something that has been puzzling me since I bought my car. I've got a 2007 RX400h with the Mark Levinson sound system incorporating a 6 cd changer. When I put in a CD there is a line on the screen display for 'CD title' and 'track title' but none of the CDs I have ever put in have had their titles displayed and there doesn't seem to be an option to manually add the title either. Should it be reading titles off the CD like when you put a CD into your computer ? If so how do I get this to work !? The manual does not seem to mention this......

Thanks

On my 2004 rx300 there is a button next to the cd that says "text" when i press this button the album title and track name is displayed on the display for most of my cd's.

It doesn't work on all of them - but approx 90 percent.

Dave

• 3 months later...

I find that a lot of CDs don't have the info on them. I never use originals in the car so if I get broken into I don't lose them as well!

So I burn a copy for the car. The software I use downloads the CD info from the internet and includes it onto the CD I'm burning.

Then it appears when you play in the car.

That's very useful information Ian-Leeds. Of >200 Cds I've tried in my RX400h I've only found 1 that displayed the text. Most of my CDs are classical music so maybe that's why they are behind the times.

Since my original post I have therefore abandoned CDs completely and moved to an iPod connected via a VAIS iPod interface. This is superb as you get access to the entire contents of the iPod including the text. I can now choose from hundreds of albums which are easily selected from the screen. Highly recommended....

• 1 month later...

Sometimes you need to add the Id3 tags (which contain the information text), especially to older CD's.

I use a program called ID3 Tagit to do large amounts of ID3 Text editing.

If the info is not available for a particular track, as long as it is named correctly as an Mp3 file,

you can automatically transfer this information to the ID3 Tag, allowing the text info to be read

by a suitable CD (or Mp3) Player.

I hope this helps :)

That's very useful information Ian-Leeds. Of >200 Cds I've tried in my RX400h I've only found 1 that displayed the text. Most of my CDs are classical music so maybe that's why they are behind the times.

Since my original post I have therefore abandoned CDs completely and moved to an iPod connected via a VAIS iPod interface. This is superb as you get access to the entire contents of the iPod including the text. I can now choose from hundreds of albums which are easily selected from the screen. Highly recommended....

I could not agree more, Vaistech is excellent. The new one even plays videos from the i-Pod but sensibly ensures they are cut off when the car is in motion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links