Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Part Ex Values?

Rory

My car is a 2000x Is200se Auto in Green with Cream interior, Mileage is 67k, parkers value it at £4,465 with 80k, and so with the few minor dings and scratches I cancel out my lower mileage and assume mine is worth the same.......?

Toyota offered me £3500 but i'm pushing for more towards a little corolla T3 on a 54 with 33k, i've already looked at the car and its immaculate, in red, i'm just trying to work the figures

does anyone have any questions opinions?

I wouldn't say Parkers give accurate values (in the current economic conditions- high fuel/tax costs), check the Autotrader for similar aged/mileage cars then price yours accordingly. Yes, try and sell your car privately- dealers will value your car hard. As a buyer with no p/x, you will be able to get a better deal on your next car.

they start at £3,800 and go upto £5k ish and to be honest my car isn't immaculate, as nice as it looks, the dent in the door mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, the ill fitted bodykit, and the flaws in the interior, would cost me too much to have fixed

i've spoken with Toyota again with regards a px as their car is immaculate and the price is very reasonable, i've basically told them that if they can give me £4k for mine, then they have a deal, and I said I could come in Friday and the salesman said he would come in Friday even tho its his day off, if he is coming in on his day off to say he can't meet my price, then he's wasting his own time, lol, and missing his commission, so i've got my fingers crossed

My car is a 2000x Is200se Auto in Green with Cream interior, Mileage is 67k, parkers value it at £4,465 with 80k, and so with the few minor dings and scratches I cancel out my lower mileage and assume mine is worth the same.......?

glass guide lists the trade value of your car as 4,600 if in excellent condition, 4,080 if in average condition. hth.

having spent ages looking for insurance quotes this morning, I would only save £200 if I change from the lex to a 1.4 Corolla T3 and £150 to go for a 1.6, lol, I expected it to drop by about half but for some reason it hasn't, so I looked for a corolla that was a little older so I wouldn't have to put much to mine and the insurance was still as high,

so i'd only save whatever the difference is in fuel, and to change from my Lex to the Corolla for the sake of fuel alone isn't somethin i'm ready to do just yet, the savings just don't justify it, and when I rang Toyota they told me the salesman was supposed to be in, so i'm not sure if he said that to guilt trip me into accepting a smaller amount in px, either way, its another route i'm not yet taking now, lol, thanks for the opinions, i'm shocked at how much my car has dropped in value in the 18 months i've had it :(

thanks for the opinions, i'm shocked at how much my car has dropped in value in the 18 months i've had it :(

Watch how much it will depreciate over the next 18 months then! Hard times ahead...

my jump from a gs300 to a seat leon fr tdi dropped by half! if its jap, your always going to pay extra than a european car. parts are easier to get than jap cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links