Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Problem Or Thiers?

took my car to autoglass yesterday to have the windscreen replaced.

was all good but then noticed the roof rails were missing from the car.

rung them today and the guy on the phone said they dont take them out to replace the windscreen, which is fair enough.

but if they have disturbed them and the wind has blown them out, surely its down to them.

phoned the head office and they are looking in to it. the girl on the phone rung the branch while i was on the phone and she got the same response from them. she even noted the same as me how rude the guy was.

phoned lexus to get some new ones, because i thought i couldnt be bothered with claiming from them. but there £136 for the pair. unbelievable!!

who's fault do you reckon it is?

thats my little rant over!! lol

They could of been nicked overnight and you didn't notice when you got in the car..who would, is there CCTV inside Autoglass? in case one of the fitters have stolen them. If they were on your car you would of heard them come off if it was the wind.

OK, here's how I read it: (correct me if I am wrong):

1. Before the new screen was fitted the roofrails were fixed to the car securely?

2. Do the roofrails need to be taken out when removing/fitted the old/new screen? You need to ask Autoglass this.

Could someone have nicked the roofrails before you took the car into Autoglass, say when your car was parked on the street/at your house/work? You might not have noticed? I don't think you can get Autoglass to take the blame, unless you can get CCTV evidence showing the roofrails were on the car- a fitter could have nicked them or they could have been removed by someone else (another customer?) whilst your car was on Autoglass premises.

If Autoglass don't take the blame, then try to get replacements from Dewsbury Auto Salvage or eBay (plenty of IS200's are broken on there).

when i say roof rails i mean the little bits of trim that sit in the roof gutter.

i noticed them missing the same day as having the screen done.

no they said they dont need to be taken out.

and i very much doubt they would have been stolen.

to be honest they have probably blown out. but ive had the car nearly 2 years and they have been fine. just wierd that they go missing after having the windscreen repaired. the rubber that holds the windscreen in butt's up against these rubbers so if they have popped up out of position when the windscreen was fitted then the wind could easily get under them and pull them out.

i did have a fast drive down the motorway later in the day. so plenty of chance for the wind to get under them. and i doubt id of heard them come off as it wouldnt hit my car coming off because there on the roof and would probably blow upwards.

its just if i wasnt driving the car it was sat on my drive in front of my front window. so unless someone took them while it was at autoglass or something i dont know.

they was defintely on the car the weekend cos i washed it saturday night.

the car only gets left outside my work and on my drive.

and in the 28 years ive lived at my house, nothing has ever been stolen off my car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links