Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oil Light On Dash

My first post so im sorry if its in the wrong place!

Ive been gettin the oil light on the top left hand side of the display coming on and off whilst driving, wondering if its a common fault or has any one experienced similar problems..... Car is fully serviced and i dont have any perforamce issues with it, just this light starting to irratate me!

Hellooooooooooooooo & Welcome 2 LOC :)

Sorry i carnt help :blush:

lolz cheers anyway... ive had the lex for a while now, only problem ive had before this is the issue with the cd changer :\

Welcome mate,

It could be a faulty oil pressure switch which is beside the oil filter. or just a loose connection on it.

Stav

any ideas on what it looks like or how to check it????

How recent was it serviced, have you tried re-setting the ECU.

it was serviced 2000 miles ago... haven't re-set the ecu, with out the diagnostic kit am i right in thinking leaving the Battery disconnected for half an hour resets the ecu??

Get under the car and look for the filter, next to it is what looks like a bolt with a wire going to it, its that!

Thanks mate, will give this a try

How recent was it serviced, have you tried re-setting the ECU.

it was serviced 2000 miles ago... haven't re-set the ecu, with out the diagnostic kit am i right in thinking leaving the Battery disconnected for half an hour resets the ecu??

Lift the bonnet, take the cover off the fuses, take out the 20/25amp EFI andf 15A ETCS fuses for 30 seconds to a minute then replace. MAKE SURE THE IGNITION IS OFF. Best thing to do is put the keys in your pocket then do it that's what I do, probably not the problem but wont hurt especially if you had the plugs done and it wasn't re-set at the time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links