Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Stories?

lizzy borden

Guest inicol63

Gary what most refer to on the earlier models are the run flat tyres.

If you look at most people on this site they change the wheels for slightly larger wheels around 19 to 20.

If changing the wheels then consider if you are happy with or without the tyre sensor, again most of the owners have removed these as well.

Lexus don't recommand you doing this because of saftey factors.

You need to pay attention to the rear struts on the boot as these go and also the o2 sensor pre and post cat.

Other than that these are a pretty good car.

What colour combi are you after, and do you have your eyes on something already....

Welcome to the club Gary if we can be of any further help drop a thread as everyone on here is very friendly

Ian

Cheers Ian. Im looking for one in a dark colour with cream leather and dark wood, not the 'baby sick' looking wood as my girlfriend calls it :rolleyes:

I'd like a post '93 with the sorted suspension if possible, and mileage around the 40k mark (don't ask for much do i).

I already have a soarer, my 2nd one. I love it but want something a bit more sedate with a drop top. The 430 sems the obvious choice for a second car. I looked at the merc but they're crap to be honest.

The boot struts aren't a prob, and the sensors are cheap from the USA (i get lots of stuff from there).

Isn't there a club shop with cars for sale?

Gary

Guest inicol63

Gary i agree with you the dark are nice Blue or Black look best i have the Blue with baby sick wood , don't worry mate i dont like it either but it does grow on you.

I had mine re leathered with blue double stitching and Lexus logo's i love the new look.

Just a thought i look at the dark inners and the car felt a little claustrophobic as the car seem smaller inside, and then when you get into it with the roof off the black seats are much hotter.

I have added the wheels mania jade r wheel on 19 inch i love the look.

Your right about buying parts from the states.

You can always log on to LOC USA site for more info on this particular model.

I have thought about selling mine but what to buy next is the problem i had mine 2 1/2 years and still enjoy driving it and i return 23.8 to the gallon, not bad for a 4.30.

Club SC430 cars really don't come up for sale on here, not sure of any members thinking of moving there on yet.

Mine is at the JAE in August this year, happy to take you for a drive, again i am not aware of other sc members bring there cars, sure some one is going to remind me otherwise now..

Good luck, keep us informed of your plans

Ian

Gary i agree with you the dark are nice Blue or Black look best i have the Blue with baby sick wood , don't worry mate i dont like it either but it does grow on you.

I had mine re leathered with blue double stitching and Lexus logo's i love the new look.

Just a thought i look at the dark inners and the car felt a little claustrophobic as the car seem smaller inside, and then when you get into it with the roof off the black seats are much hotter.

I have added the wheels mania jade r wheel on 19 inch i love the look.

Your right about buying parts from the states.

You can always log on to LOC USA site for more info on this particular model.

I have thought about selling mine but what to buy next is the problem i had mine 2 1/2 years and still enjoy driving it and i return 23.8 to the gallon, not bad for a 4.30.

Club SC430 cars really don't come up for sale on here, not sure of any members thinking of moving there on yet.

Mine is at the JAE in August this year, happy to take you for a drive, again i am not aware of other sc members bring there cars, sure some one is going to remind me otherwise now..

Good luck, keep us informed of your plans

Ian

Cheers Ian. Not sure i'll be able to make JAE. I'm getting married on 4th of Oct so things are a bit hectic as you can imagine.

I'll let you know if i'm going and i'd appreciate taking up your offer.

I've got a man in Japan looking for me a car, so i may end up with another import as yet. Hopefully sometime after the wedding.

This is looking favourite for now :shifty:

WOW thats a very nice SC :winky:

Im wondering if thats the first of the facelift ones or if its been changed by the previous owner. New bumpers, tail lamps etc. Guess it wont have the new gearbox though.

Looks like the suspension has been sorted, coilovers? Could be a Wald body kit, toms rear bumper? toms quad exhaust?

Bigger/better pics needed :winky:

I would buy that :D

Guest inicol63

Now that looks like a nice one to me as well.

Get the cash out even if you need to cancel the wedding, only joking, no i am not yes i am, what shall one do?lol

Nice bit of kit on their by the looks did you have other photo's on the inside and what's been done so far to the car.

Grade four is a good car with small stone chips or things that minor.

Not sure your get much better than this one...

Watching with interest...

Ian

SVA/ESVA only states that the car must not deviate from it's original form regarding it's performance and safety.

ie. a bodykit and fancy wheels (as long as they are the same size as the original) would not constitute failure.

Exhausts, brakes, engine mods etc would.

As this car was also sold in it's original form in the UK then a detailed model report is not needed.

Don't quote me on any of this <_< My mate works at VOSA and i'm repeating what he told me.

Gary

Came accross your you tube vid of the zorsts. Cool! Did you have to put a cross over in the pipes to stop it losing power?

Gary

If you look under an SC you will see the pipes are flattened in the middle so the OEM exhaust does restrict alot, plus I had bigger pipes and the rear silencer removed. The car sounds like a V8 now :winky:

On the sc400 it's common knowledge that not having a crossover, or 'balance' pipe between the two exhausts causes excess cabin noise, and also saps some power.

I just wondered if the same was true for the 430?

Think i've found a car in the UK and have enquired about this body kit;

Around £4700 fitted and painted from Premier Autodesign in Sudbury.

What's the deal with lowering the ride?

Can i get springs in the UK?

Gary

Ive not heard of that exhaust problem on the SC430.

Thats the bodykit I have £4700 seems a bit expensive, mine was about £2500 supplied fitted and painted. Unless your price also includes the front wings (which I dont have) as I think those are about £1500 on top. So that would make it about right.

I would avoid springs in favour of coilovers but if you do want to go springs then try the Tein S. But dont buy the ones on eBay as they are knockoffs.

"Can i get springs in the UK?"

Try TDI http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/index.php?c..._2532_2533_2544

Yeah, that's with the wings but he got the price wrong! it should have been £5k plus VAT but he said he'll do it for £4.5k +vat as it was his mistake. Four weeks delivery time on kit, and two weeks to fit and finish. (he needs the car for 2 weeks).

Does this seem excessive to you? Obviously i want the job doing as well as possible.

Thanks for the info.

I've booked a test drive with my local dealer so i'll get some feel for the standard car. Just waiting to hear back from him.

The price sounds right with the wings, but those wings are expensive. 45% of the total price is on the wings.

The Wald wings where a later addition that where not available when I bought my kit.

Also worth noting you cant slam the car with the Wald kit as the kit is very low specially on the front.

:) Don't think i'll be going that low man!

My soarer is low enough for me and still clears 99% of lumps etc. I'm in the process of stripping the turbos off it at the mo to replace them with a big single. I've just done the Lambo door conversion too.

Here she is. Only done 23k/km from new ('92)

Gonna be on her for rest of year mi thinks but she'll be around the 400bhp mark by then and repainted ready for summer next year.

SVA/ESVA only states that the car must not deviate from it's original form regarding it's performance and safety.

ie. a bodykit and fancy wheels (as long as they are the same size as the original) would not constitute failure.

Exhausts, brakes, engine mods etc would.

As this car was also sold in it's original form in the UK then a detailed model report is not needed.

Don't quote me on any of this <_< My mate works at VOSA and i'm repeating what he told me.

Gary

Not so.............if the front bumper is replaced it would fail as it has to be same material as OEM due to crumple zones etc................lip spoiler prob OK whole replacement would fail.

Thats what I have been told by ESVA guys

Went for a test drive at my local dealers yesterday. Very impressed with the ride/handling (no runflats) The car was a '05 plate with 50k on the clock. The performance is a bit sedate compared to my soarer, but very happy to have one. And that roof? AMAZING! A bit overpriced at 23,995 i thought, and a crap colour. I've asked them to find me a dark colour car for under £20k with cream or the reddish interior and dark wood.

He rang me back within 2hrs and said he had found 3. Awaiting a call today. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links