Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Next

coolrides

ok i have a 99 is200 se, all i have down engine wise is k&n direct replacement and am working on a better intake into the airbox, i put bosch super 4s in but think i will change to denso from reading the forum, and a blitz nur spec rear silencer. am working an a second hand cat i got to remove the cat an replace a straight through pipe.

big question what next??

sick of bein burnt off by relatively normal 1.8 and 2.0 cars. lol need bit more go

cheers :crybaby:

With the IS200 the only real way to get serious power out of it is to stick on a Supercharger or as a more expensive route a turbo kit. That lack of serious power was what really made me get rid of my IS200. Even with a Supercharger they are still only around 200bhp :( A Turbo you can get more, but IS IT WORTH IT??

.... i got to remove the cat an replace a straight through pipe.

Big engine check light if you do that I'm guessing :whistling:

seriously? i thought goin from 2 pipes into 1 would not affect it. thought it would only come on if i started playing with the manifold cats, any way around the problem

erm yeah ............ don't do it !!

You could try to get a sports Cat, and a stainless 6-2-1 exhaust manifold with no pre-cats :D

That might stop the ECL coming on.

what sort of power increase would that be, your talking around 900 pound for that right??

cheers

I am guessing but maybe 5bhp for the cat and manifold to a N/A IS200, add a couple for a full free flowing zorst.

A Supercharger however takes it from 153bhp to 204bhp for about £2,000 if you can find one.

Add the bits above to a S/C IS200 and you could maybe get 220bhp or close to it.

would prob be happy enough with around 200bhp, is there any D.I.Y charger kits out there. seen blitz have one for around 3000 all in.

dont have that kind of money at min but must plan ahead and have goals lol

cheers

The Blitz charger kit is for the Altezza, 4 cyl cars, not your 6 cyl is200 :D TTE supercharger kit for the is200 :winky:

Prolex uk NOS'd his but he'd had the internals done.

Without the charger and with a progressive controller, i'm sure the engine would handle it.

About 240BHP is the limit really for the engine.

Stav

i would prob be happy enough with the car at around 200bhp when i need. pound for pound i guess its a cheap way to get 50bhp and noone really constantly needs the power unless racing or track days or somet like that.

any good installers or companys to contact about nos?

ive had the cat taken out and theres no engine lights at all.

not worth the agro if its performance ur after. just makes the exhaust louder.

not really anything more you can do to make these go any quicker without super or tubo charging them!!

ive had the cat taken out and theres no engine lights at all.

not worth the agro if its performance ur after. just makes the exhaust louder.

not really anything more you can do to make these go any quicker without super or tubo charging them!!

the main cat or the pre cats? prob is a small diff it just not noticeable.

cheers

might even look into a 75 progressive shot. that still only be about 225bhp

thats exactly what im lookin into at the mo,i dont need 200 odd bhp all the time so a little nos with progressive controller always comes in handy for those odd occasions

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links