Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trc Button

coolrides

Is there any way to perminately turn the traction control off, it does my head in having to turn it off every time i start the engine. especially when i forget and try to get the tail out and the thing cuts the power.

any info would be great

cheers

Is there any way to perminately turn the traction control off, it does my head in having to turn it off every time i start the engine. especially when i forget and try to get the tail out and the thing cuts the power.

any info would be great

cheers

Ticky one. Someone wil know. But i expect its internal to the ecu and may not be easy to do.

Stav, however, has an aftermarket traction system fitted. So i would assume he disabled the standard system somehow?

Its not that hard, all the button does is touch the wire to earth to turn it off, all i did was permantly touch it to earth so its off all the time cause i have the Racelogic Traction control on mine.

I'll try and find out the wires you have to touch.

Stav

I think its the light green/red stripe wire you need to cut they attach the end coming from the car to earth (possibly the brown wire on the same connector)

But i will check at lunch time in my own car to be sure.

Alternatively you could extend the light green/red stripe wire to a proper switch (one that stays in position) and then the other side to earth that way you could turn it back on again.

To do that when you have it to the trac off position you'd have to flick it away from earth then back momenterily. If you see what i mean.

Stav

In my opinion, you would be better off wiring it to an OFF/ON switch that stays in position.

That way, you can leave it off all the time. But if you occasionally want it on, it is there.

Also useful if you let anyone else drive your car who is not used to powerful RWD cars in the wet.

It would be wise to retain the ability to turn it on, rather than disabling it completely.

[quote

Also useful if you let anyone else drive your car who is not used to powerful RWD cars in the wet.

i could have swore someone said powerfull rwd car, lol only messin, i wish it was powerfull its such a nice car, if only lexus had gave it more power to begin with it would be sweet.

Is there anyway in using the existing switch but re-wire it somehow so that it is off all the time unless you specificaly turn it on with the original switch, if that makes sense?????

eg, changing it froma push to make switch to a push to break???

just a thought :whistling:

No i'm afraid, as its not a make and break situation,

you touch it to earth once to turn the TRC off and touch it again to turn it on. So its the same process unfortuantely.

You'd have to have a switch that holds it to earth normally to keep it off, then release it, and touch it once more again to turn back on.

Stav

Don't forget to tell your insurance company about the modification.... :driving:

Thats an interesting point, what would your insurance company say if you had switched the TRC off and you lost it and crashed?

Stav

Don't forget to tell your insurance company about the modification.... :driving:

Thats an interesting point, what would your insurance company say if you had switched the TRC off and you lost it and crashed?

Stav

could they say anything because the option is there to turn it off anyway on a standard car? it just the drivers preference surley if they want it on or not,

but they prob would try stiff you at any chance they got lol

B)

Stav

could they say anything because the option is there to turn it off anyway on a standard car? it just the drivers preference surley if they want it on or not,

but they prob would try stiff you at any chance they got lol

B)

but how would they ever find out as when you restarted the car after the crash the trc will be back on! :unsure:

i could have swore someone said powerfull rwd car, lol only messin, i wish it was powerfull its such a nice car, if only lexus had gave it more power to begin with it would be sweet.

What you need is a charger mate! :winky:

My original point being, if, for example, your wife/girlfriend was driving and put her foot down into a wet roundabout, you may end up with a Lexus wrapped around a tree!

Wouldn't let my girlfriend drive mine though. She's lucky she gets to sit in the passenger seat!!!

I cant see the point in having it off all the time so you can get the back end out! Just seems a bit silly to me, if you want to drift with the car then why not go to a track an then do it properly?? That is if i am mistaken and that is where you do it already.

I cant see the point in having it off all the time so you can get the back end out! Just seems a bit silly to me, if you want to drift with the car then why not go to a track an then do it properly?? That is if i am mistaken and that is where you do it already.

i personally find it a very poor traction system it doesn so much control the power but just kill it, usually just at the wrong time. hate it so much.

plus people from over here are bonkers anyway on country roads lol only messin.

You must go through tyres like i go through stockings ..... i mean socks! :blush:

I would suggest a trip to WIM, I had my toe adjusted and sock wear has been significantly improved.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links