Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trc, Snow And Seat Heat Buttons

One of the many things I am considering is a touchscreen in my centre console. This could potentially display images from a laptop, ipod, phone, DVD/PS2, front/rear camera.

The only way this is possible, whist retaining the headunit, is to loose the TRC, Snow and heated seat buttons.

For obvious reasons (TRC off button is fun, Snow mode is useful, Misses like the seat heat!) I would be looking to relocate them.

Has anyone done this/seen it done? Where should I put them? I'd be going for a tidy install, and can't really think of anywhere other than in the glovebox.

If anyone has any pics, that would be great. Also, info/pics on the best way to fit a rear view camera would be just lovely, if you have any.

You mean fit a screen like lee's here:

DSC01362.jpg

install.jpg

I thought about the same thing but couldnt really be bothered. So i've already lowered my buttons as i've got the toyota smooth surround. so i did this instead.

the screen only plays the PS2 and the front camera (when its repaired) so it doesnt need to be out all the time.

So with a bit of modifacation to the front so the buttons were the right way up i fitted it upside down so it popped out downwards.

Most stand alone screens will flip their signal so you can do this.

Extra buttons with old stereo.

Buttons_1___Small_.jpg

New Stereo and pop out screen.

Stereo_and_screen__5___Small_.jpg

Stav

You mean fit a screen like lee's here:

DSC01362.jpg

install.jpg

I thought about the same thing but couldnt really be bothered. So i've already lowered my buttons as i've got the toyota smooth surround. so i did this instead.

the screen only plays the PS2 and the front camera (when its repaired) so it doesnt need to be out all the time.

So with a bit of modifacation to the front so the buttons were the right way up i fitted it upside down so it popped out downwards.

Most stand alone screens will flip their signal so you can do this.

Extra buttons with old stereo.

Buttons_1___Small_.jpg

New Stereo and pop out screen.

Stereo_and_screen__5___Small_.jpg

Hi mate, just new to this, sent you a pm but dont know if i did it right, its just about your armrest, i love it and didnt know you could get them, i miss the one from my BMW, where did u get yours and how much was it? hope you dont mind me asking.

Many Thanks in advance,

Tommy

Stav

Yes Stav very like Lee's! I considered a flipout, but I prefer the built in look. Your upside-down idea is a good one though.

Found a camera for under £10! Wonder what the quality is like? ebay linky

Lee's is for sale, Stereo, screen and all, about £160 for the lot i think he wants.

And you get what you paid for with the camera. i have the remains of one in my front bumper. The quality's ok but not great and there not very waterproof either.

Hi mate, just new to this, sent you a pm but dont know if i did it right, its just about your armrest, i love it and didnt know you could get them, i miss the one from my BMW, where did u get yours and how much was it? hope you dont mind me asking.

Many Thanks in advance,

Tommy

Alrite mate,

Its Lee's car that has the armrest. And if you do a search theres a few threads about them.

But your looking at at least £150 for one from America if i remember correctly.

i was thinking about flipping the screen round just like you have!!!

was it an easy job??

Not too hard mate, All i did was take it about, cut the front in half and turn it the other way round then fit it back together. Job done.

And then to flip the image is in the settings.

Stav

• 2 weeks later...

New idea on this one. I think I may place these switches to the right of the ignition, and move the fog light, headlight heigh adjust and headlight washer buttons somewhere else. I like to have the seat heat and the TCR buttons to hand, SNOW too, for those motorway cruises where you want sudden power.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links