Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My IS220d was reversed into by some guy in a New Honda Civic

he put a 3" dent line in the rear Bumper, i visited Lexus B,Ham who told me

No repair it is a New Bumper.

I got intouch with the Guy and he got intouch with his insurance (SAGA) and said he had done it.

OH My Gawd unbelivable service then followed, I had a call from SAGA who asked me a few questions,

and said a company would get intouch ref dealing with the claim, sure enough another company called

and asked where did i want to send my car, so i said Lexus Birmingham, no problem we will handle it all

then the best part comes.

We will give you a car while yours is in for repair, ok i said thinking corsa,Ka Sorry sir we dont do Lexus

but we do Mercedes, they met me at lexus Monday with a Merc C220D auto Sport 08 plate AMG SPEC full leather 18" AMG rims

padel shift panaramic roof sat nav the full works in Bright Red. ( i will post pics soon)

WOW what a courtesy car.

Things i did Notice compared to IS is the car is noisier ie engine noise, also the leather in the Merc is very hard

but i do like the driving position and the handling is excellent also i must admit the fuel sarga on it is very much the same as My IS220d

i avg today 45mpg which is very similar to mine. but the auto option is nice and lazy.

just thought i would share it with you all

so remember if you get hit by an over 50 pray they use Saga :hehe:

My IS220d was reversed into by some guy in a New Honda Civic

he put a 3" dent line in the rear Bumper, i visited Lexus B,Ham who told me

No repair it is a New Bumper.

I got intouch with the Guy and he got intouch with his insurance (SAGA) and said he had done it.

OH My Gawd unbelivable service then followed, I had a call from SAGA who asked me a few questions,

and said a company would get intouch ref dealing with the claim, sure enough another company called

and asked where did i want to send my car, so i said Lexus Birmingham, no problem we will handle it all

then the best part comes.

We will give you a car while yours is in for repair, ok i said thinking corsa,Ka Sorry sir we dont do Lexus

but we do Mercedes, they met me at lexus Monday with a Merc C220D auto Sport 08 plate AMG SPEC full leather 18" AMG rims

padel shift panaramic roof sat nav the full works in Bright Red. ( i will post pics soon)

WOW what a courtesy car.

Things i did Notice compared to IS is the car is noisier ie engine noise, also the leather in the Merc is very hard

but i do like the driving position and the handling is excellent also i must admit the fuel sarga on it is very much the same as My IS220d

i avg today 45mpg which is very similar to mine. but the auto option is nice and lazy.

just thought i would share it with you all

so remember if you get hit by an over 50 pray they use Saga :hehe:

it's interesting that the economy is similar as there are some posters on this forum that assume that everything german is more economical than the is.

and i have also had an IPOD intergration unit fitted for £199.

Was that the total i.e. for the manual, iPod kit and fitting? Mine cost me £5.47 for the iPod Manual, £122.18 for the kit and £67.45 for fitment.

and i have also had an IPOD intergration unit fitted for £199.

Was that the total i.e. for the manual, iPod kit and fitting? Mine cost me £5.47 for the iPod Manual, £122.18 for the kit and £67.45 for fitment.

Yeah all in supplied and fitted they called me to say car was ready then i asked about the kit

which they first said £225.00 fitted to which i said i will think about it.

i called them back later to confirm some warranty work had been done. and they said

they had made a mistake on the price and there was an offer on from Lexus for £199.00 all in fitted

so i said ok i will have one, and they are fitting it in the morning.

Matt

so is that good or not ???

Yeah all in supplied and fitted they called me to say car was ready then i asked about the kit

i called them back later to confirm some warranty work had been done. and they said

they had made a mistake on the price and there was an offer on from Lexus for £199.00 all in fitted

Matt

Guess so. A few peeps had reported other dealers had them on special offer (£166 or thereabouts from Glasgow??), but as I said mine was £195.10 from Lexus Bristol, after negotiating from the original quote of £225.00.

Matt

Guess so. A few peeps had reported other dealers had them on special offer (£166 or thereabouts from Glasgow??), but as I said mine was £195.10 from Lexus Bristol, after negotiating from the original quote of £225.00.

is it any good thou !!

as i used to have one in my old is200

made by pioneer and it worked very well with the head unit (pioneer)

and providing you transfereed the tracks at either 224kbps or 320kbps to the ipod

the sound quality was out out standing

is it any good thou !!

as i used to have one in my old is200

made by pioneer and it worked very well with the head unit (pioneer)

and providing you transfereed the tracks at either 224kbps or 320kbps to the ipod

the sound quality was out out standing

:offtopic: but never mind....I think the reproduction from the iPod through the ML system is quite as outstanding as from the DVD/CD player but it isn't far off. As discussed at length in other posts you'll need to sort your tracks into playlists if you want the track info displayed on the screen.

Excellent service.

Whatever about any other quality the Merc has, I think the IS looks far better. The Merc looks like the old rover 75 saloon from the side!

actually quite reminds me of my old IS200 with sport kit fitted

Wow nice hire car :)

I really like the styling on the new Merc C-Class, especially in sport guise, the front end looks really nice.

Can't help thinking it all goes a bit wrong though towards the rear, the styling of the rear end looks wrong and cheap for an expensive car.

Well Finally got it back IS220 after a bit of a mess up

called by dealer thursday to say Car ready and Ipod kit all fitted

so i went there friday Morning to collect the car

found that they had replaced the bumper Great

then under warranty they had replaced the interior mirror (yippe no more vibration) they had replaced

the passenger wing mirror glass as it was marked, i was told there was a minor leak from water pump but nothing that would be covered by warranty Hmmmm, and A EGR valve had to be replaced (sticking)

And yet another ECU update, so i said it had that done in June for the fith Inj mod. so they said

yes it is another update.........???? no idea why.

but then when they gave me the keys i got in the car and pressed start and the MM screen was blank

i pressed a few buttons and got limited display, then i pressed Map and got white lines don the screen.

So i went back in to Service who sent a techy out who sat there and said ohh that shouldn't happen,

yeah i know, we will have to have a look at it, so back it went, and out come the Merc again.

then got a call at Lunchtime to say it was fixed.

makes me mad that they dont fully test things if fitting new hardware.

So i drive away at 1PM all happy, but then at 3PM i get a call to say they have now decided they will relace the water pump

under warranty, so i now have to take the car back next Friday and it looks like i will be in a IS250 for the day, as they asked

if i dont mind an Auto.

Why did they not just replace the pump if there was a slight leak seems daft to me

But i have got the Ipod adaptor now and have not had time to mess yet with it, except i have just connected my ipod and leave it

on shuffle, And i must admit the sound is excellent.

Matt

Wow nice hire car :)

I really like the styling on the new Merc C-Class, especially in sport guise, the front end looks really nice.

Can't help thinking it all goes a bit wrong though towards the rear, the styling of the rear end looks wrong and cheap for an expensive car.

yeah i know what you mean

its like some women nice n curvy on the top but wide birth at the rear :winky:

but it was nice to drive and i felt very safe at speed in it, even around corners

and when you hit the sports button bejesus there is some power there for an Auto

Glad it's not just me (about the rear end of the new C-Class) !

Good to hear you got your Lex back eventually - after some hassle.

Sounds weird about the water pump, they were obviously hedging their bets in case Lexus wouldn't agree to the warranty work, and then Lexus subsequently agreed, but too late for them to sort it before giving you the car back.

Glad it's not just me (about the rear end of the new C-Class) !

Good to hear you got your Lex back eventually - after some hassle.

Sounds weird about the water pump, they were obviously hedging their bets in case Lexus wouldn't agree to the warranty work, and then Lexus subsequently agreed, but too late for them to sort it before giving you the car back.

Yeah bit stupid really, to me if there is any leak they should attemp to seal it atleast.

But this way i know i will have a new pump fitted and new coolant ready for the Winter.

was that at lex birmingham? who was the person you were dealing with?

Two girls on service Desk Leanne & Megane

Very friendly and Helpfull i cannot blame them for not checking it

same as the water pump they are there to do a job not decide what action has to be taken.

i guess that will fall on davids shoulder (service Manager) but i very rearly see him there (probably hiding) :whistling:

oh well back friday for a New Pump and coolant then for the winter

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links