Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Being a former IS owner, can't help being on this tread. My GS300 is about to hit the 3 year mark. Now due for MOT and 30K service. Question is I intend to keep the car for another year or year and half. Is the extended warranty really worth it? I do about 5K miles a year.

My general opinion is that 3 year old Lexus generally don't go wrong in a major way so you are probably better off not bothering. I'm not sure how much an extended warranty is but generally they are not cheap. If you are disciplined I'd put the money you were going to spend on a warranty in a high interest account and leave it. Then if anything does go wrong you have a good wedge to put towards repair. If nothing goes wrong, which I suspect will be the case, you have a nice bit of cash to spend at the end - or keep as a buffer against repair on future cars.

Being a former IS owner, can't help being on this tread. My GS300 is about to hit the 3 year mark. Now due for MOT and 30K service. Question is I intend to keep the car for another year or year and half. Is the extended warranty really worth it? I do about 5K miles a year.

How much is it? If you have had the car for any length of time you will have some idea of any niggles. Personally on 5K yearly I would endeavor to get any niggles sorted under the normal 3yr. warranty and forget the extended warranty. Is the service due just on age or is mileage up near 30K also.

As above - not really worth it. They aren't cheap, an don't cover wear and tear anyway. You might be better off shopping around on the web for 3rd party companies offering similar warranty's for a fraction of the price.

Try this: http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/ and compare it to whatever Lexus quote you. But my advice would still be don't bother!! Go away for a weekend break with her indoors instead ;-)

I have just extended the warrenty on my LS430 for two years. I always thought that suspension would come under wear and tear but I have just had my front suspension bushes replaced under warrenty. It is expensive though, it cost me £1615.00 but as there is alot that could possibly go wrong I thought it was worth it for peace of mind. It's just nice to know that if in the highly unlikely event it does go bang, I won't be shot with a bill the size of Texas.

I also found that using other warrenty company's, if it did need a repair they wouldn't use Lexus main dealers and they didn't cover as many things as the Lexus extended warrenty did. I have also got two years breakdown cover as well.

I take the verdict as a no......

The car has 25K on the clock. In the first year, I did abot 15K mile, then moved out of the UK and only use the car when I visit the UK

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links