Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where can I find the base spec and any optional extras for Series 2 GS 430 range. (The spec sheet on here doesnt list options)

I think the only option was sat/nav on both the SE & sport models, but im sure you could pay extra for the 18inch wheels and spoiler to be put on the SE model :D

What sort of optons did you have in mind :question:

There used to be spec lists for older cars on the Lexus website in the "approved used" section - not sure if it's still there or how comprehensive it is but worth a look :)

Where can I find the base spec and any optional extras for Series 2 GS 430 range. (The spec sheet on here doesnt list options)

I think the only option was sat/nav on both the SE & sport models, but im sure you could pay extra for the 18inch wheels and spoiler to be put on the SE model :D

What sort of optons did you have in mind :question:

Mine has sat/nav,rear park sensors and 18" sport wheels. Seen a couple advertised with some, but not all, of these features...smart entry & start, 2 memory seats,adaptive variable suspension,adaptive front lighting,parking assist monitor+sensors,rain sensing wipers,tyre pressure monitorsLexus Coventry have a 02 reg with all of the above advertised.

Mine has sat/nav,rear park sensors and 18" sport wheels. Seen a couple advertised with some, but not all, of these features...smart entry & start, 2 memory seats,adaptive variable suspension,adaptive front lighting,parking assist monitor+sensors,rain sensing wipers,tyre pressure monitorsLexus Coventry have a 02 reg with all of the above advertised.

Think they've made an error, that's the spec of the new GS :whistling:

Quite possibly. I can't see any sensors on rear in the photo online but thought they were standard..with beep device not camera. I'll call in and have a look.

Quite possibly. I can't see any sensors on rear in the photo online but thought they were standard..with beep device not camera. I'll call in and have a look.

No, not standard I think. Sounds like they've cut and pasted the wrong set of specs into the advert to me - is it the Desert Quartz GS430? For one thing, those are standard 17inch wheels in the pic, but it's described as having the 18 inch ones installed. Looks like the whole ad needs re-doing as the pic and the specs don't match up, and the specs don't match the options that were available that year either.

No, not standard I think. Sounds like they've cut and pasted the wrong set of specs into the advert to me - is it the Desert Quartz GS430? For one thing, those are standard 17inch wheels in the pic, but it's described as having the 18 inch ones installed. Looks like the whole ad needs re-doing as the pic and the specs don't match up, and the specs don't match the options that were available that year either.

Yes, the 02 reg with 66000 miles. The other thing is that my handbook shows audio volume buttons just behind steering wheel near the mode button. Mine hasn't got these but has a largish pad with phone pic on and 3 more pads marked 1 2 and 3 which don't appear to do anything. In the upper tray of the centre armrest is an attachment to plug phone into...I think...but it is a Motorola fitting and no phones fit it. Nothing at all in handbook and I'm at a loss as to exactly how to use it.

Any info most gratefully received.

Another thought...why do dealers say Desert Quartz when V5 says Bronze?

Yes, the 02 reg with 66000 miles. The other thing is that my handbook shows audio volume buttons just behind steering wheel near the mode button. Mine hasn't got these but has a largish pad with phone pic on and 3 more pads marked 1 2 and 3 which don't appear to do anything. In the upper tray of the centre armrest is an attachment to plug phone into...I think...but it is a Motorola fitting and no phones fit it. Nothing at all in handbook and I'm at a loss as to exactly how to use it.

Any pics of these? Could it be an aftermarket phone kit? I wouldn't worry about stuff in the handbook, one of the things I've learnt over the years is that Toyota makes a whole load more accessories for the Japanese market that they don't release to the rest of the world for some reason...........

I still think they've just cut and pasted the spec for the new GS430 by mistake - especially the adaptive suspension, that was only available on the mk3 GS430, not even on the GS300..........

As for the colour, Lexus can call it whatever they like, but the V5 needs to tell it as a descriptive colour to be able to identify the car. If you went to see a car and the V5 said Desert Quartz, I definitely wouldn't have a clue what colour car I should be looking at!

As an example, my IS is in paint code 8N8, which Lexus call Strathcaron Blue, Toyota call Oasis Blue, and my V5 just says Blue! :lol:

Any pics of these? Could it be an aftermarket phone kit? I wouldn't worry about stuff in the handbook, one of the things I've learnt over the years is that Toyota makes a whole load more accessories for the Japanese market that they don't release to the rest of the world for some reason...........

I still think they've just cut and pasted the spec for the new GS430 by mistake - especially the adaptive suspension, that was only available on the mk3 GS430, not even on the GS300..........

As for the colour, Lexus can call it whatever they like, but the V5 needs to tell it as a descriptive colour to be able to identify the car. If you went to see a car and the V5 said Desert Quartz, I definitely wouldn't have a clue what colour car I should be looking at!

As an example, my IS is in paint code 8N8, which Lexus call Strathcaron Blue, Toyota call Oasis Blue, and my V5 just says Blue! :lol:

Yes I see what you mean regarding colour. I'll try for a pic but whenever I take pic I struggle to upload. It is hardwired though.

Definately the wrong spec for the car -

One that no-one has mentioned - ML HU

That's interesting, mine just has the standard volume buttons on the wheel, so sounds like someone has definitely either changed it, or there was a really rare option available that included a carphone. Telephone options like that used to be quite common in high-end cars, before Bluetooth made it possible to connect almost any phone to any car kit. I can remember some cars even had a slot in the radio into which you could push your SIM card when you got in the car! A few years ago Motorola phones were far more popular than they are now, you could always try eBay for an oldie and see if you can get it to work!!

I have a brochure at home for the 2002 model year GS (very sad I know - I bought it off eBay when I got my car!!), I don't know if it goes into all available options but I'll have a look through it tonight and see what it says...

As others have said, the V5 is an English-language rough description of the colour, Lexus can call it whatever they want to.

Took pics of device in centre armrest and controls on steering wheel..........can't get them onto here though????

You can add them as attachments, or host them on a site like photobucket or picturetrail and link to them using the image button :)

That is interesting, definitely a motorola kit, looks similar to a cradle I had for a V50 many years ago...........

Has your dealer seen it? Is it just an aftermarket steering wheel control or is it official Lexus? I wonder if you could wire in a new Bluetooth phone kit giving you control from the wheel :whistling:

That is interesting, definitely a motorola kit, looks similar to a cradle I had for a V50 many years ago...........

Has your dealer seen it? Is it just an aftermarket steering wheel control or is it official Lexus? I wonder if you could wire in a new bluetooth phone kit giving you control from the wheel :whistling:

Dealer seems to think it is original fitment. They offered to remove it when I purchased the car. Lexus dealers who have serviced the car dont seem to want to give any details of work they have previously done quoting data protection. Tried CPW, Halfords but their phone fitters dont seem any more clued up than me. I currently use a Mini-Parrot that clips to the sunvisor, but would like to be able to use this facility

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest (if i`m not stating the obvious) www.lexus.co.uk other wise you could try www.ukcars.co.uk, unfortunatley there is a £10 joining fee for this site but it is very good and has the spec for just about every car and model you can think of.

I would suggest (if i`m not stating the obvious) www.lexus.co.uk other wise you could try www.ukcars.co.uk, unfortunatley there is a £10 joining fee for this site but it is very good and has the spec for just about every car and model you can think of.

:whistling: the 1st place I looked...Lexus.co.uk lists GS300 variants in its specs for relevant years but not the GS430.

The ukcars website seems to not exist.

ok,just found it but it is www.ukcar.co.uk and at £9.95 for 90 day trial membership I think they may be taking the proverbial.......

There used to be spec lists for older cars on the Lexus website in the "approved used" section - not sure if it's still there or how comprehensive it is but worth a look

That section is still there, but the GS 430 isn't listed. :huh:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/used-cars/specifications-used.aspx

I have just had an Email from Lexus Leeds regarding this phone attachment. They have identified it although I am a little surprised that, as the car is only 6 yrs. old, it is classed as an old fitment!

....... the phone kit looks like a Lexus Factory fit unit at that time.

The system works by sliding a phone cradle into the base unit located in the arm rest; however this system is very old now and not in use and matching a current phone to the system may prove difficult.

May I recommend you contact your local Lexus Parts Department or call in for them to see if the parts are available.

I must say though that I was very impressed by Ian Atkinson, Lexus Leeds service manager, for taking the time and effort to get the information for me and Amy Lyner,on reception, for getting my query and photos to him.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links