Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thanks!

As much as I love the Series I Sport styling, I realised that it looks a bit dated next to the Series II.

Not only has the one I bought got satnav, when I got in to have a look and play I noticed it's also got the Mark Levinson audio package, which I thought was an extra.

Hopefully it will treat me as well as my Series I.

Today is the day! I'm finishing work at 12 and going to the gym, then should be on the road to Hove by 1pm. I hope the traffic isn't too bad on the way home.

Great - looks sorted car. I'd be interested too to discover how many GS430 series II sports were sold in the UK - can't be many as you don't see them often. Also for your tints this might give you an idea:

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/GS/2003.html

Ok it's the US GS but the same thing as it's silver with tints.

Great - looks sorted car. I'd be interested too to discover how many GS430 series II sports were sold in the UK - can't be many as you don't see them often. Also for your tints this might give you an idea:

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/GS/2003.html

Ok it's the US GS but the same thing as it's silver with tints.

Thanks for the link.

I got back about 1.5 hours ago and it's lovely. :) Clear side repeaters are already on :) and after seeing a lot of silver cars with tinted windows on the way back I think I am going to do what I wanted to do last time and go limo black on the back windows and legal on the front.

A couple of questions while I wait for the Owner's Manual to be posted to me:

1) I thought you could open and close the windows and sunroof with the key's alarm buttons, how do you do this?

2) What's the Shift button for on the gear box gate and how do you use it?

1) Hold down the Lock (to close windows/roof) or open (to open windows/roof) on your remote for about 5 seconds - hold until they are open/closed by the amount you want

2) So you can move the Gear stick away from Park without starting the Engine - particularly useful in breakdown/tow situations

1) You can also open/close windows with key in door lock. Insert key into door lock and turn to lock car,when locked the windows will open. When they are open to where you want, simply return key to upright position and remove. Reverse this action to close windows.

2)Towing cars with autobox is not advisable unless drive wheels are on a dolly. It can cause serious g/box damage.

I tried these when I went to look at the car and nothing happened, but I've just tried holding the unlock button with the car locked and armed and the indicators blinked twice and the windows opened until I let go of the button. Does this mean the car is now unlocked too?

After doing the above, if I hold the lock key, the indicators flash once and nothing happens. Does this mean the car is now locked?

What do the different number of indicator flashes mean, for example I just unarmed it and they flashed five times?

2 beeps- opens windows and unlocks car

Keep lock button held down still for a bit longer after the beep- windows and roof should close and vehicle will be locked.

Press lock again within 5 secs and car will be double locked

I've played with the windows a bit more and I can get them to open as described with the disarm button, but I can't get them to close via the arm button. They close using the key and holding it in the closed position though. :huh:

Lock car with remote button.release button then press again and hold until windows close. It is only supposed to close windows when you press the lock button twice and hold second time.

If you open the windows with the remote the doors will lock again if you do not open a door within 30 seconds.

Lock car with remote button.release button then press again and hold until windows close. It is only supposed to close windows when you press the lock button twice and hold second time.

If you open the windows with the remote the doors will lock again if you do not open a door within 30 seconds.

Mine definitely doesn't work with the remote. I can get out of the car and put the key in the door and hold it closed once and the windows will close, but no matter what I do with the remote they will not close, yet they will open with the remote. Is there a way to reprogram the remote?

They do from that angle, but aren't when you look at them any other way.

I like to leave my fans on airflow, but this car likes to default to recirculate the next time you start it up, not all the time though. Is there a way to leave it on airflow unless I press the button myself to change it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links