Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Yeldarb

My new IS200 has 18" alloys and no spare wheel, the previous owner must have misplaced it or ordered 4 as 5 would be an extravagance :rolleyes:

So I was looking on fleabay for an appropriate wheel to have as a spare, I am assuming the boys in blue would stamp their feet and ask me to choose some points if I was to have a 17" (and use it), so finding 1 wheel was the best option. or is it????

Has any one come across this item, it looks like miracle in a can, or is it just another fleabay rip off like electric superchargers???

Item No: 380062372012

Phil.

So I was looking on fleabay for an appropriate wheel to have as a spare, I am assuming the boys in blue would stamp their feet and ask me to choose some points if I was to have a 17" (and use it), so finding 1 wheel was the best option. or is it????

Those silly-looking tiny space-saver wheels/tyres are legal. Do they have an exception for that or actually are there no laws to stop you having different-sized wheels on the same axle ?

My new IS200 has 18" alloys and no spare wheel, the previous owner must have misplaced it or ordered 4 as 5 would be an extravagance :rolleyes:

Has any one come across this item, it looks like miracle in a can, or is it just another fleabay rip off like electric superchargers???

Item No: 380062372012

Phil.

You should not have a problem using a 17" spare as it should have the same rolling radius as your 18"...the sidewall (tyre profile) is 0.5" thicker. The IS220/250/350 all carry the same size spacesaver regardless of rim size...if any of my 19" alloys need changing I only have the spacesaver in the boot to replace it with. Doesn't matter what's in the centre as long as the tyre is of matching diameter to the rest.

Some small new hot hatches like the Clio 182 Cup don't have a spare tyre, but a spray can of sealant. They do work, but they are only indented for short journeys to get to the nearest garage, just like a space saver.

Tango is correct, as long as the 17” has the same radius, as your 18” then there will be no problems.

If your sidewalls are smaller, you can cause damage to your diff, as they won’t be turning at the same pace, and if they are on the front, and your tracking could be out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links