Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Manifold

Kazi

Have you got a mate who can weld?

You have to cut out the side of the cats, scrape them out, then weld it back up again and thats it.

Stav

Which side is that? Whats best to scrape it out with? Do I need any new gaskets etc for putting the manifold back to the block?

Basically, anything I need to look out for? Prepare etc? Anything else need removing?

Cheers Stav.

Well when you take it of, you'll have it looking like this:

2iqc0nt.jpg

You have to remove the heatshields. then your left with the bare pipes, basically you've got to cut out a quarter of the pipe so you can see inside, then just use a scraper or screwdrivr to remove all the cats, then weld it back up.

I would prefer weld a pipe with same diameter, I think that will be better because it will keep the gas pressure and I imagine it will be less noisy because resonate less. Perhaps I'm wrong, I'm not an expert.

hi kaz, where u getting this done mate? i could maybemeet u if u like as i have this done on mine and its a piece of cake to do, just needs a little time.

as stav said, take off the heat shields, cut a smallish window in the pipe and scrape the pre-cat out (a mini pneumatic hand drill kinda thing would be perfect, but a screwdriver will work - just be a lot more time consuming). should've done it from the off IMHO mate as u can melt/shunt them under boost i believe. just free's it all up nicely matey.

one thing i would say though, is put the heat shields back on after in the same place so that its not obvious anythings been done to the manifold. personal preference really but thought its better that way.

Never mind, anyway the point is theres only a couple of BHP difference and a few hundred quid.

Stav

I just got an IS200 and want to get a bit more performance. A friend i had got a proven 17bhp from a manifold change, so has the Lexus already got a decent manifold or are you being pessimistic?

Reckon im gonna get my mechanic to do it, least then I can post my own feedback :) I always have the option of S/Steel later if I wanted to. Still think £650 is waaaaay to much!

Do you know how much the 1st one cost from Tdi ? fitted to a loc members car................................................. 2k :o

Reckon im gonna get my mechanic to do it, least then I can post my own feedback :) I always have the option of S/Steel later if I wanted to. Still think £650 is waaaaay to much!

Do you know how much the 1st one cost from Tdi ? fitted to a loc members car................................................. 2k :o

wasnt that the hand built one...that was done on Kierons car

No.

Stav, I think you have a decat or prolex/katana manifold, please, can you tell how much more noisy that versus oem?

In a scale 1 to 10 if oem it's 5, what grade would be decat?

normal decat would be 5.5

not really much difference mate, but i had the charger fitted at the same time so hard to tell really

Stav, I think you have a decat or prolex/katana manifold, please, can you tell how much more noisy that versus oem?

In a scale 1 to 10 if oem it's 5, what grade would be decat?

normal decat would be 5.5

not really much difference mate, but i had the charger fitted at the same time so hard to tell really

I'm worry about noise but I see that's a bit more, I'm going to do then, thank you very much mate.

Just day light robbery!

Gonna chat with the mech tomoz. He's a bit by the book and wants to be reassured it will be ok!

No.

which car then...

No.

which car then...

Grim aka Gordon

It was a Supersprint manifold.

Never heard of them, Mat have you?

I'd say the decat manifold isnt much louder at all. its when you remove the normal cat it gets loud ;)

Stav

Yep i have, do lots for VW/Audi :D had back box on my VW Vento VR6 :D

Still dont think you going to get 17bhp extra out of one. with or without supercharger fitted

hi kaz, where u getting this done mate? i could maybemeet u if u like as i have this done on mine and its a piece of cake to do, just needs a little time.

as stav said, take off the heat shields, cut a smallish window in the pipe and scrape the pre-cat out (a mini pneumatic hand drill kinda thing would be perfect, but a screwdriver will work - just be a lot more time consuming). should've done it from the off IMHO mate as u can melt/shunt them under boost i believe. just free's it all up nicely matey.

one thing i would say though, is put the heat shields back on after in the same place so that its not obvious anythings been done to the manifold. personal preference really but thought its better that way.

Probably gonna be a garage in Grantham. About 20 mins away from the Sunny side of Melton Mowbray. You fancy a drive over? Will find out tomoz when I can book it in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links