Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Manifold

Kazi

Done a search on here to no avail, looking at treating myself to a new manifold. One that will enhance the Supercharger performance. Been months, nearly years infact since I last considered this option and im sure things have changed since then.

Any suggestions? Feedback from other members whose changed theirs? Whats the price that they fetch now? I know Dave@Pro-Lex used to sell/stock them but not so sure now.

Any constructive advice much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Arrggghhh I clicked on Exhausts on Daves site. £650 seems a bit steep!!

Same price as the other.

Quality doesnt come cheap i'm afraid...............will give you 220bhp (gord had his dyno'd) :whistling:

As an old previous loyal customer, do any get any discount? :lol:

As an old loyal customer Dave.....whats the chances of any discount? :P

Stav, not sure that will give me any gains in performance....worth considering though.

Why not?

I've done it on mine, and Lee_iceman on his, just opened them up and cut the cats out.

and were both running higher power (than standard) Chargers.

As an old loyal customer Dave.....whats the chances of any discount? :P

Stav, not sure that will give me any gains in performance....worth considering though.

Why not?

I've done it on mine, and Lee_iceman on his, just opened them up and cut the cats out.

and were both running higher power (than standard) Chargers.

Oh, I was under the impression that you don't. I stand corrected. Its it a big job to do yourself or is it easier to just get a garage to do it?

Have you got a mate who can weld?

You have to cut out the side of the cats, scrape them out, then weld it back up again and thats it.

Stav

I can weld, I just don't have a welder! lol. Im guessing you need to remove the manifold first? Or can it be done whilst car is suspended on a ramp?

You have to cut out the side of the cats, scrape them out, then weld it back up again and thats it.

Stav

I can weld, I just don't have a welder! lol. Im guessing you need to remove the manifold first? Or can it be done whilst car is suspended on a ramp?

Remove it! Or Buy the one i have in my loft ;)

Cant fit it to my car as i was declared written off today :P

There was also a guy selling a Stainless steel one at JAE £390 i got him down to £350! wish i had bought it now put on my next lex ;)

Tom.

Stav

You have to take it off the car mate :D

Stav

Remove it! Or Buy the one i have in my loft ;)

Cant fit it to my car as i was declared written off today :P

There was also a guy selling a Stainless steel one at JAE £390 i got him down to £350! wish i had bought it now put on my next lex ;)

Tom.

Cheers Gord....silly question really want it?! :blush:

Errr.....as for buy it Tom, seems a little pointless as its likely to cost around the same price as a mechanic removing mine! Cheers anyway :winky:

Ah but what i did was get a spare and get the cats removed and everything then just swap it over and sold the standard one to somebody else who wanted to do the same thing!

Buying Tom's already decatted one would mean you only have to pay a small amount for the manifold already decatted (as Tom's got it "free" with his charger kit, i'm sure he'll only want a fair rice), then pay a garage for the fitting, and finally get some money back selling your standard one to someone else wanting to do the same.

Stav

Ah but what i did was get a spare and get the cats removed and everything then just swap it over and sold the standard one to somebody else who wanted to do the same thing!

Buying Tom's already decatted one would mean you only have to pay a small amount for the manifold already decatted, pay a garage for the fitting then get some money back selling your standard one.

Stav

Whats book time on removing manifold? Obviously depends on factors like the bolts bonding/rusting... Will do some phone calling tomoz.... :shifty:

What sort of gains will achieve doing this? Compared to say a stainless one?

I dont know to be honest but i'd say at least 4-5bhp, Prolex claim 20bhp on their stainless one but (sorry Dave) i think thats very optimistic.

there may be one or two bhp difference but its cost/bhp same as always.

Stav

I dont know to be honest but i'd say at least 4-5bhp, Prolex claim 20bhp on their stainless one but (sorry Dave) i think thats very optimistic.

there may be one or two bhp difference but its cost/bhp same as always.

Stav

Dont think Dave said 20bhp, not sure, but my car(the 1st silver is200) dyno was 214bhp and 221bhp with manifold fitted, done at the same place in Stockport :D

The first mass produced 6-2-1 manifold for the Lexus IS200. Made from T304 stainless steel this will give an extra 20bhp to a supercharged IS200. It is also suitable for N/A cars

Oh but he did! lol

Straight from Dave's shop.

Stav

The first mass produced 6-2-1 manifold for the Lexus IS200. Made from T304 stainless steel this will give an extra 20bhp to a supercharged IS200. It is also suitable for N/A cars

Oh but he did! lol

Straight from Dave's shop.

Stav

Well its wrong if he/was using my car for the figs :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links