Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scuffed An Alloy - How Much/where To Go?

I wouldn't bother - the alloy is bound to start bubbling and corroding sometime soon and Lexus will replace it for free IF under warranty still...

Have a good look at it - any DIY damage will be ignord and a new one ordered if you have any "veins" or bubble appearing in the lacquer on the spokes ;)

Agree with Scarlet (Voice from the BMW Grave) totally...

Wife cirbed ours, but not to worry as all 4 got replaced... Wait till the winter salt hits them then they will require replacement.... at least that what I was told was the cause of the alloy problem, the type of salt we use in Scotland.... :crybaby:

So they still corrode then? Personally I like the fact they do, means every so often you get a new set of alloys - but yeah as the others have said, there's a good chance you'll get a new set before your warranty's up so I wouldn't bother. If they don't corrode, you may as well go for the refurb once out of warranty - for minor kerbing you'd be looking at around the £40 mark.

As an example I had my 4 18" alloys fully refurbed, and two of them straightened after being bent by a pothole, and it cost £200 from WIM :winky:

I wouldn't bother - the alloy is bound to start bubbling and corroding sometime soon and Lexus will replace it for free IF under warranty still...

Have a good look at it - any DIY damage will be ignord and a new one ordered if you have any "veins" or bubble appearing in the lacquer on the spokes ;)

Scarlet - after reading your post, I had a look at my wheels this morning and guess what? Yes, they have started bubbling and am getting them replaced under warranty!! only the front ones; no damage to the rear ones yet!

Just had all four wheels replaced under warranty...runs out in Oct. Took a while for Lexus to order and carry out the change, but have new wheels now, and like others have said, they change them even if there is wear and tear and clumsy damage.

My girlfriend curbed mine several times. Thankfully the corrosion was not attributed to this, because it was on the spokes and centres.

How long into your 3 year warranty are you? Might be worth holding out until your corrosion gets pretty bad....chances are they will.

Just had all four wheels replaced under warranty...runs out in Oct. Took a while for Lexus to order and carry out the change, but have new wheels now, and like others have said, they change them even if there is wear and tear and clumsy damage.

My girlfriend curbed mine several times. Thankfully the corrosion was not attributed to this, because it was on the spokes and centres.

How long into your 3 year warranty are you? Might be worth holding out until your corrosion gets pretty bad....chances are they will.

put a fag burn in here best frock and see how she likes it.

Scarlet - after reading your post, I had a look at my wheels this morning and guess what? Yes, they have started bubbling and am getting them replaced under warranty!! only the front ones; no damage to the rear ones yet!

My warranty runs out in March 2009. I got a call this morning to say that Lexus will replace all the four wheels, although there is no damage on the rear ones! All booked for the end of the month....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links