Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs

DC-is200

hi does anyone use bosch super4 spark plugs on is200 before ?

do a search - there are a fair number of posts advising against them. You are best to use IK20 plugs (NGK or DENSO) I just ordered 6 from eBay USA from a guy called pili-car. hes got pretty good stats and he was a bit cheaper than the other USA bloke that was mentioned in the other posts.

Cheers

Ad

edit - mine were £42.80 delivered

Your supposed to use iridium plugs on the Lex Denso IK20's are oem but NGK's should be fine the Bosch arn't Irridium so would not recomend, I think I paid around £40 delivered for IK20's from a bloke in the states, can dig out the website if you can't find it.

Easy matey the air filter goes in the top if you look at the engine you'll see a removable section with the L and 3 or 4 silver lines down it, clip at the bottom and one down the back at the top unclip these it just lifts out, while it's out just remove the bolts holding the cover in place once this is off you'll see where the plugs go, I did them 1 at a time, if I remember rightly there may be a few things that need removing just to get better access so if you do them one at a time it's less likely you'll be scratching your head wondering where stuff goes back. Not got my car back from the bodyshop yet but should have on Thurs so if you get stuck let me know and i'll have a look at mine to see if I can help but it is quite straight forward, when you get the cover off.

I fitted my new IK20s this afternoon, and have put up a walkthrough in the "Workshop" section.

Interestingly, the plugs that came out were NGKs, so I'm not sure if that means they weren't the original ones ? Although NGK as well as Denso are shown in the workshop manual.

I'm thinking of fitting NGK's... I take it you were happy with them, would be interested to know if you notice any difference between them and the IK20's you have just fitted

I'm thinking of fitting NGK's... I take it you were happy with them, would be interested to know if you notice any difference between them and the IK20's you have just fitted

The plugs that came out were NGK iridium IFR6A11 (same spec as reference sheet in the workshop manual). Yes, I was perfectly happy with them. I had very occasional problems starting the car in the morning, don't know if that was connected with the age of the plugs, or was something else entirely.

I'll see if I can notice any difference with the IK20s.

I fitted my new IK20s this afternoon, and have put up a walkthrough in the "Workshop" section.

Interestingly, the plugs that came out were NGKs, so I'm not sure if that means they weren't the original ones ? Although NGK as well as Denso are shown in the workshop manual.

I'm pretty sure Denso's are oem matey, I think NGK are just recomended as an decent alternative.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links