Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Drifting...hard!

nissansilvia

will you be at Norfolk Arena on the 7th November

you should be fine with the altezza, aslong as you give it beans, and keep the revs up......to be fairly decent you will need to shed some weight.

i ran a is200 stripped, which has less power than an Altezza, and it did pretty well, only engine modifications, were Prolex manifold, and oil cooler and TTE fuel/ignition computer, making peak power at around 170 hp...approx

so quite underpowered compared to the 3s-ge.

lexus-1.jpg

obviously the white one does a bit better

Im gonna look like abit of a tool for asking this....but how exactly do you drift?, i got a new set of tyres to put on my car but i need to give the old budgets a good send off :lol:

i got a perfect place to do it bt i just dont really fancy breaking my clutch or anythin when im experimenting with it just being a standard IS.

Read something in a mag about keeping the revs up, putting it in 2nd then letting the clutch out when youv threw it into a corner but could do with some expert teaching :whistling:

no im not goin to norfolk arena on the 7th, cant make it yet and its was only the first time i drifted in the altezza, so still need setting up and sorting out before im happy for it to do it again.

yea i just need a computer unit to raise the rav limiter to about 9-9.5k than i would be more happy, as its only 7.3k at the moment and its bouncing off quiet hard as i have a 4.7 final drive too...

i dont want to strip my car out as its still an everyday car!!!

with my pass experience with turbo cars, i reckon if i make it up to around 250-280 Breaks than it would be a lot more easier to drift!!!

one thing i found with drifting with altezza,....its sooooooooo fuel eco friendly i only used a little over half a tank!!!!!!

what do you want to do....Drift, or skid around in a car park.

they are different

if you want to learn how to drift, go to a practice day, you can find out about these on Driftworks.

if you just want to skid around and tell your mates your drifting.......go where theres no police

Im gonna look like abit of a tool for asking this....but how exactly do you drift?, i got a new set of tyres to put on my car but i need to give the old budgets a good send off :lol:

i got a perfect place to do it bt i just dont really fancy breaking my clutch or anythin when im experimenting with it just being a standard IS.

Read something in a mag about keeping the revs up, putting it in 2nd then letting the clutch out when youv threw it into a corner but could do with some expert teaching :whistling:

mate no one is wrong for asking a quesion...im from a friendly world ha.....

so yea its fairly simple actually u really should start off easy like doing a dount or something......turn the traction control off might be a good advice....

just image ur doin a wheel spin hard.......and start turning the wheels and u should feel the rear end stepping out....its all about feels!!!!

if ur want more info go to www.driftworks.com.....

everything u need is on there!!!!!

btw.....how do i get a gold signture?????i am a gold member!!!!

trying to contact steve???but him pm is full!!!

no im not goin to norfolk arena on the 7th, cant make it yet and its was only the first time i drifted in the altezza, so still need setting up and sorting out before im happy for it to do it again.

yea i just need a computer unit to raise the rav limiter to about 9-9.5k than i would be more happy, as its only 7.3k at the moment and its bouncing off quiet hard as i have a 4.7 final drive too...

with my pass experience with turbo cars, i reckon if i make it up to around 250-280 Breaks than it would be a lot more easier to drift!!!

one thing i found with drifting with altezza,....its sooooooooo fuel eco friendly i only used a little over half a tank!!!!!!

you need to concentrate more on weight shifting to initiate than worry about Hp....the ae86's only have about 3 hp, but because you throw them around, you can get good angle....they use there weight to initiate,

what do you want to do....Drift, or skid around in a car park.

they are different

if you want to learn how to drift, go to a practice day, you can find out about these on Driftworks.

if you just want to skid around and tell your mates your drifting.......go where theres no police

:lol: haha naaaa im not one of those types mate dont worry. Just the ex g.f lives on an old airfield thats all so just fancied goin round one day and having a go, No mates or anything involved

you need to concentrate more on weight shifting to initiate than worry about Hp....the ae86's only have about 3 hp, but because you throw them around, you can get good angle....they use there weight to initiate,

yes i know how to use the weight and do the "scandanivan swing"........

just feels as the car like to pull stight alot, and dont really like it being side ways....

maybe due to a short wheel base??

yes i know how to use the weight and do the "scandanivan swing"........

just feels as the car like to pull stight alot, and dont really like it being side ways....

maybe due to a short wheel base??

its pulling straight because you have not got enough angle, you have a 2 way diff fitted right........it is that thats pulling the rear end in line., what could also be going against you is the sticky front tyres, you need to keep your foot in, carry more speed, and keep the revs high, lots of clutch kicking, and feathered steering imputs and throttle

"scandanivan swing"........

its Scandinavian FLICK

erm its not really a short wheelbase.....

from what i have witnessed, the handbrake is a drifters best friend :whistling:

yea talking about hand brakes, lexus altezza's hand brakes are really good as standard....

you think so.......

ive found they only become effective after a bit of work, could be my 255 rears that make the handbrake work a tad more...but im not that impressed

i do have a plan in the pipeline for a more effective handbrake

from what i have witnessed, the handbrake is a drifters best friend :whistling:

yea talking about hand brakes, lexus altezza's hand brakes are really good as standard....

you think so.......

ive found they only become effective after a bit of work, could be my 255 rears that make the handbrake work a tad more...but im not that impressed

i do have a plan in the pipeline for a more effective handbrake

as i said standard........maybe u dont find that is because ur car is no where near standard.......

and u should try standard nissan hand brakes compair to these

as im not "BDC" level.....i suppose

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links