Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200

i have a big problem, i had a sound setup i then removed it and then reconnected the system only but the speakers dont work, the stock amp works coz it powers the system! so what else could it be? can anyone help coz i have ran out of solutions, the speakers are connnected properly!

thanks

i have a big problem, i had a sound setup i then removed it and then reconnected the system only but the speakers dont work, the stock amp works coz it powers the system! so what else could it be? can anyone help coz i have ran out of solutions, the speakers are connnected properly!

thanks

bit more info??

well basically thats it, the system is fine coz its been tried in my mates car, i disconnected it from my car and after a day or two reconnected it but the sound is not coming from the speakers i have turned up the volume, the stock amp is working fine as the system powers up! the speaker wires are connected fine as i had done all the wiring in the car before! i have checked the fuses but cannot be them as in the is200 it only has systems fuse right?? any ideas? thanks

I thought you removed the input lead to the amp from the old OE stereo, and replaced it for the 'bypass lead'.

The Amp to speaker lead remains in place, and the amp does all the impedence matching.

That's my understanding as explained to me by Fargo. The 'Bypass Lead' is in fact mis-named.

Appologies if I am in error.

Well i've not seen one personally myself but looking at the wiring diagram it simply is a long ISO lead, as one of the plug to the amp has power, remote, earth, and the speakers on it so it just connects to them.

that would make sense to me, cause if it did it the way your suggesting you may as well attach to the plugs behind the stereo and use that length of wire rather than removing the plug just to run a lead along the same route.

I thought you removed the input lead to the amp from the old OE stereo, and replaced it for the 'bypass lead'.

The Amp to speaker lead remains in place, and the amp does all the impedence matching.

That's my understanding as explained to me by Fargo. The 'Bypass Lead' is in fact mis-named.

Appologies if I am in error.

Just re-read it and you sound like your describing Fargo's Satnav Lead not the amp bypass lead.

This one: Clicky

He's on about the Satnav bypass as far as i can understand.

If you have no sat nav,you can remove everything (stereo and amp)

But if you have Sat nav you MUST keep the amp in AND get Fargo's lead for the sat nav to continue working with an aftermarket stereo.

Stav

f6c3_1.JPG

As you can see from the picture of the bypass lead its a female plug on it. So you have to put one of the plugs in it, it'd be pointless plugging the signal lead in cause that just runs back to the back of the stereo.

Somebody asked the seller about the resistance when i firstposted about the bypass lead:

HI there

Quite a technical question!!. The lexus we based this lead on never had a digital interface or a sat nav pack.The front door speakers have a passive inductor on the tweeter already in the door. We fed the original bass units in the doors with full range which is fine as quite a few of our aftermarket speaker kits we sell work like this. I have a car audio business over here on the east coast which is how I have made this lead. The rear mid and bass unit again we parallelled up on the wiring at the front as the combined impedence is 3 ohms which again is fine for virtually any decent make of car audio. It's when you get to 2ohms that you push your luck. All the lexus we have worked on, I have always sold upgraded speakers so we have never paid that much attention to the factory fitted speakers which like most vehicles are worth about £1 a piece on the assembly line!!. I have front speakers for £750 a pair!!.

This lead just makes it easy to put an aftermarket stereo in which most people are keen on doing as the lead that plugs in the original lexus machine is a low signal lead and an adaptor I am pretty sure is'nt readily avaliable.I am interested to know a bit about this digital interface as you may know more about this vehicle than I do as I only get involved with the audio/video side. Hope this helps with your enquiry.

Pete

so thats how they get around the impedance, not by using the amp at all.

I had the bottom loading unit, it doesn't use the amp at all, you unplug the loom from the amp and plug this lead into the lead you just removed. Then plug the other end into your new stereo.

the part number on the amp should be 86280-530030, although i didn't check mine.

From when Lee_iceman first installed his

Time for me to eat humble pie Stav, I'm big enough (:lol:) to admit a mistake :huh:

That's what I get for listening to others, and looking at Aztec's pretty pictures and not reading the small print in the thread......

What threw me totally was the fact the unused amp was replaced in the pics :o

I can of course try (:duh:) to claim ignorance as I don't have the Amp (ripped out a long time ago) nor the Bypass Lead :)

Anyways as promised mate.........I'll get me coat :lol:

having worked on one of these recently im with Stav.

The lead goes from the aftermarket stereo to the LOOM that plugs into the OEM amp. Therefore it bypasses the amp completely and goes straight to the speakers. as above, the impedance on the rears is 3 ohms which 'shouldnt' be an issue on most systems and will infact see slightly more power going to the rears as the resistance is less.

your pic in fact does show this wozza as the lead that is connected is the one that goes into the oem amp removed and connected to the bypass lead

As for sat nav, its a diifener ball game even with the bypass cable, the amp needs to stay in as weel as the oem stereo (or its main board) or fargos bypass unit. If either of these is missing then you will still get power to the nav but the screen will not display anything.

Time for me to eat humble pie Stav, I'm big enough (:lol:) to admit a mistake :huh:

That's what I get for listening to others, and looking at Aztec's pretty pictures and not reading the small print in the thread......

What threw me totally was the fact the unused amp was replaced in the pics :o

I can of course try (:duh:) to claim ignorance as I don't have the Amp (ripped out a long time ago) nor the Bypass Lead :)

Anyways as promised mate.........I'll get me coat :lol:

LOL its ok mate,

should have bet you your Moderator title on it :)

You learn something new everyday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links