Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Improving Door Cards

My door cards have a few minor marks on them. The passenger side has a fine scratch about 3 inches long, the drivers side has a few small cloudy marks.

Since mine is the late model with the leather trim, getting replacements could be tricky, so I've been trying to think of alternatives.

One idea I had was this (see eBay item 250304843621)

It's basically a polish (but more like a shoe polish). It's intended more for leather but I was wondering if it would work on a door card. What do people think - or has anyone got a better idea?

My door cards have a few minor marks on them. The passenger side has a fine scratch about 3 inches long, the drivers side has a few small cloudy marks.

Since mine is the late model with the leather trim, getting replacements could be tricky, so I've been trying to think of alternatives.

One idea I had was this (see eBay item 250304843621)

It's basically a polish (but more like a shoe polish). It's intended more for leather but I was wondering if it would work on a door card. What do people think - or has anyone got a better idea?

That's an interesting product. I was thinking of buying something like that for the leather seats.

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Well Autoglym turned out well worth looking into, check this out:

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-prodd...=HK&Range=1

The Magic Sponge effortlessly removes stubborn scuffs and blemishes from all decorative vinyl and plastic trim. The Magic Sponge will remove scuff marks that traditional cleaners won’t shift.

Sounds like just the job, I'm thinking of going to Halfords right now (except the traffic is a nightmare round there at this time) :lol:

Well I've tried the magic block (you just use a bit of water with it) on the passenger-side door card and the long white scratch has now gone!

I was quite surprised by the effect, it did a good job.

However - I think the block is basically a very fine sanding block for plastics, so use it sparingly. I think it might have taken a bit of colour off the door card, but it doesn't look bad or anything, you can even it up across the whole section. And then use your normal dash cleaner to bring it back up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links