Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greeting's!

mixsir

Hello.

Firstly, I have to admit to gleaning the odd bit of information from you guys in the past few months where it seems someone here has asked/answered any question I ever needed to ask :) That probably made me a bit lazy so I have never joined the forum until now. I have to say the the forum really is an excellent resource for any enthusiast.

Anyway, a little bit about me. After looking around for ages (maybe 4 months), I finally found the IS200 I was looking for. It was a beautiful Blue Sport model with the black half-leather, full TRD kit, Sports Grill, Sat Nav, etc. etc. It even had gold gadges on the boot/grill and the wheel covers! When I saw it at a dealership in Brummy I knew I had to have it.

Four months later and I unfortunatley made a complete mess of it after going sideways into an embankment. Alas, Lexy will go no more :crybaby: Thats a pic of it in my signature, it actually looks much worse in real life!

BUT, I saved up again and bought another one. This time its in black and again its a Sport with the TRD kit. I figure blue is just an unlucky colour for me, and so far, so good! My 'new' car has one small problem though - the original headunit had been removed and somebody (in their wisdom) decided to run new wires to each door speaker, change the rear speakers and run another set of wires to the Battery to power a standard standard headunit. I expect someone got the ERR3 and never heard of the tidy amp by-pass lead you can get so instead did a DIY job on the wiring.

Luckily the original wiring has not been tampered with so I can reinstall an original headunit and original rear speakers without too much fuss and get rid of those unsightly wires. Before getting the 'new' black car I sold the (working) CD player out of my crashed one and then ended up paying 50 quid more for a replacement one than I sold the one I had for! That was not my smartest move. But I am straying off the point again. I installed my replacement headunit and original Lexus parcel shelf speakers, put everything back in place only to discover the Amp inside the glovebox had been removed. No problem, I can just get the Amp out of my crashed car?! Wrong! Its a different amp and when you plug it in you have no volume control. I have been told I need to get 'the other' amp which is part number 86280-53031.

Do any of you happen to have one of these laying about since you upgraded your systems after an ERR3 ? If so I'd appreciate you getting in contact with me. Oh, and if anyone happens to be looking for any other parts I may have something left on my donor car. There are quite a few bits gone off it at this stage tho.....

Cheers,

Noel

Hi mate, firstly welcome to the club. Thats one hell of an experience you've had and I hope u have luck with the new car. by any chance are you breaking your crashed lexus mate? I cant see the picture of the damage but is the bonnet ok? I need a bonnet with hinges if you're willing to break the car? ;)

Yes I am breaking the car and yes there was a perfect bonnet on it but it is already gone I am afraid. The guy who took it from me gave me his slightly bent bonnet in return so I could keep the rain off the engine. Sorry I cant help you fella.

Doh....its like finding a needle in a haystack with bonnets. As far as the rest of your car goes....best of luck with it mate. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the amp question. Do you have the rear ashtray available and the lid for the fusebox thats in the drivers side footwell by any chance? I'm desperatly trying to think of any bits I need lol.

Doh....its like finding a needle in a haystack with bonnets. As far as the rest of your car goes....best of luck with it mate. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the amp question. Do you have the rear ashtray available and the lid for the fusebox thats in the drivers side footwell by any chance? I'm desperatly trying to think of any bits I need lol.

Hmm, I might have those bits. I will have a look and PM you. The drivers side took the impact and that fuse cover might have been crushed against the pedals but I will check for you.

The guy who bought the bonnet could barely hide his delight when he saw it :) It was the same colour as his so no need to even paint it. Took the bonnet, headlamps, grill, bumper, fogs, rads and passenger wing. Some people have all the luck.

Lucky bugger. Just out of interest how much did u sell each of the parts for mate? I've got most of the bits I need. Only bonnet/hinges and front panel outstanding really.

Thats a bit of a sore point actually. I am not paid yet! I am due €750 for all the bits he took (about 600 quid?). There was an air-con rad and bonnet clasp and aluminium cross member and other bits aswell. Bumper had the TRD lip aswell. Basically everything needed to repair a pretty heavy frontal impact. I have since been told I should have asked for more as parts are quite expensive and most crashed ones have frontal damage. At this stsge I will be happy to collect what I am owed and put it down to experience :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links