Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replace My Car Audio

hello Guys & Girlis;

i am in a catch 22 position - its going to be my 40th on the 20th Nov - (thank you) well the thing is, my Lexus radio/CD player packed up on me 2 years ago........yes yes why now..... i need / want to replace it with a double din unit.

i love the JVC 810 unit - the problem is shell - pay some one to fix it at £80-£150.00 or do it my self? - i know there is a lot of infor on this topic, but i am not a techi guy.....

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...partno=KWAVX810

the car is a Lexus Is200SE Auto - "1999"

shell i treat myself or use the cash for something else???? the house "LCD" or the family ????

the best price i can get one is £339.00 with the fitting you are looking at 400-450 mark. if i am lucky.

what would u do????

if you were to get that unit then its best to fit it yourself instead of spend x amount of money paying someone else to do it mate. I personally have always fitted my own audio in my cars and find it the best way tbh. if you find yourself capable enough to do it yourself then why not do it yourself and save a big chunk of money. I find it a good peice of mind thing as well when i fit a unit myself. btw, the jvc units are very good mate. I've got a JVC KD-AVX1 and have had it for 3 years now from new and never had an issue with it. best unit i've ever had. if you need more info though i'd recommend checking out the talkaudio.co.uk forum as there lots of information to be found there.

get a unit and fit your self i refuse to pay someone to install audio in my car i prefer to knwo where it all goes and that its done my way etc

also your not that far from a few of us so im sure if you got really stuck we could offer you assistance etc

i have a DDX6029 in my car and i think its great does everything i want and more plus reverse camera is the nuts

right doing the unit myself - well from the information i have been told -

1 the amp has to be bypassed (behind the glove box)

2 need a facia

3 need a device ?(box) that will allow me to bypasas the amp.

the rest i have to look into and see what i can fisnd out and do; - thank you for the information so far.......

of course you wouldnt need the bypass cable if you fancied putting amps etc in the boot but thats your call

point 3 BOX what do you mean never come across this

i made my own by pass cable in 2006 all it routes is the

Speaker cables

ground

12v

Ignition

i dont think the ones on eBay cover the ilumination 2 but i may be wrong

i suggest when you get the facia you look up WOZZA's ice thread about modifying the facia its a well worth mod if you have the time.

Hi Rajesh,

There is a great guide for installing the bypass cable HERE (which you will require)

There is a great guide for modifying the Facia you need HERE (same principles work for Single or Double DIN)

See E-Bay for the Facia & Bypass lead Item number: 280279207178

(bargain as this one includes the facia, where some places charge £29.99 just for the bypass lead)

That should sort ya :D

I have also moved the topic to the correct forum :whistling:

thanks wozza;

i have been looking at the links - they are great; i have also been looking at the prices on fitting at my local area.

so far i have been quoted £60 + parts - have been checking out all my options - we have to wait and see what i decide.

thanks once again.

thanks wozza;

i have been looking at the links - they are great; i have also been looking at the prices on fitting at my local area.

so far i have been quoted £60 + parts - have been checking out all my options - we have to wait and see what i decide.

thanks once again.

For that price they'll probably just buy the by-pass cable fit it and charge you £60 for half an hours work, it's quite easy to do mate if I can do it you can, you might as well save yourself £60 and do it yourself.

just an update -

Ordered the facia and bypass from eBay - also brought the JVC 810 unit from http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...partno=KWAVX810 its an good price.

i can not wait to have all done into my baby Lexus, i've started getting music videos, got 14 so far(FREE).

all in AVI - just plug HD to Unit and dance away while driving.... :shifty:

cho for now.

Good luck with it mate, can't believe you've been without for 2 years! :o

Looks a nice headunit, and as others have said it's not particularly difficult to take the dash apart, once you've done it you'll be thinking did I really think about paying someone to do that!

Follow Wozza's thread for modifying the autoleads fascia - I've seen his in the flesh and it looks great, well worth doing as it doesn't really match the dash in it's standard guise :)

Follow Wozza's thread for modifying the autoleads fascia - I've seen his in the flesh and it looks great, well worth doing as it doesn't really match the dash in it's standard guise :)

cheers bud :)

I'll 2nd that going to do mine but i'm far too lazy at the moment.

right the units arrived yesterday :shifty:

all i need to know now is how to disconnect / dismount the LEXUS old head (no Sat Nav)

unless i missed something in the links.....(sorry)

going to print the steps out and try to understand them before i start doing it - with a mate (i hope so)

post-3159-1226473783.jpg

post-3159-1226473821.jpg

above are the items i ordered they look cool - the kids can not wait until its all in the car - -

cho for now;

Just remember to MASK everything - it's so easy to scratch the dash so best to do it. Also removing the gearknob can prevent unnecessary scratches on that.

Other than that you should get the stereo out in about 20mins :)

hello Guys & Girlys -

i trust you all had a great weekend; i did YES i dis " :shifty: " went to my mates house and got my 7" LCD dvd player fitted.

It did not take that long, it was only a bit cold, we followed the steps and complated the task....

have a look - great Cool....

post-3159-1226948208.jpg

post-3159-1226948167.jpg

just got to play with the settings and set the Pic. - its looking so cool.

a big thank to you all for your advise and comments - a big thank you too DJ Wozza :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links