Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Electrical Problem

Last night when I parked the car everything appeared to be working OK.

This morning when I started the car the "Outside temp" reads - E, the heated rear window button/aircon button/fan button do not function & are not "lit".

All other electrics appear OK. (Clock, windows, radio, cig lighter)

Is there a fuse that would cover these specifics & if so where is it & whats it called???

(Had the radio/CD changed about 5 months ago so unlikely to have disturbed a connection after all that time?)

Also had 80,000 service about 2 months ago.

All help greatfully received

I remember my first car (a 1972 Triumph SPitfire Mk IV) came with a wiring diagram... not so these days, besides - I probably wouldn't understand it! :blink:

I'd go through the fuses one by one, starting with the small 'blade' type ones, and see if one is burnt out (should be fairly obvious to spot). These functions may well be covered by one fuse, but some of the descriptions on the inside of the fuse box lid are cryptic to say the least!

Even if you do find (& fix) a duff fuse, it's worth doing as Zee' suggests and getting the dealer to have a butchers, just in case there's an underlying fault causing it.

the fuse locations are: behind the rounded kick panels in the footwells ( retained by a plastic nut) and also in the top right ( looking at the car) of the engine bay. there is a fuse guide on the back of all the panels.

• 6 years later...
Last night when I parked the car everything appeared to be working OK.

This morning when I started the car the "Outside temp" reads - E, the heated rear window button/aircon button/fan button do not function & are not "lit".

All other electrics appear OK. (Clock, windows, radio, cig lighter)

Is there a fuse that would cover these specifics & if so where is it & whats it called???

(Had the radio/CD changed about 5 months ago so unlikely to have disturbed a connection after all that time?)

Also had 80,000 service about 2 months ago.

All help greatfully received

pal it will be ur horn relay take this out which is under the bonnet black box next to Battery and u will see ur outside temp work again etc i have the same prob at min and found this was the prob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links