Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes

MattB

How much travel should i expect on my 99 IS200SE brake pedal with 37000 miles on?

the reason i ask is that i had a loan car a couple of days ago (1 year old) with 13000 miles on it and the pedal was like rock about 1" down.

The fluid level is fine, pads ok and the car stops fine, but the pedal travel is about half way down (2-3") before the pedal gets hard.

If i am rolling really slowly then a tiny amount of pressure on the pedal (1" movement) will stop the car rolling, shows the first bit of movement on the pedal is actually doing something just not a lot!

Thought maybe a bit of air in the system but pumping the pedal dosn`t improve it.

The dealer told me it is normal.

Is it because the new cars have the assisted brake option fitted?

Also sometimes but not that often if i hold my foot on the pedal at the lights to stop the car rolling the pedal drops about 1cm after several seconds of holding it on, should this happen? (pressume somthing to do with the vacume in the servo??)

Just wanted some feedback on if this seems about right? ;)

I get exactly that - wow am I happy!!! Someone else who has same issue.

I had a loan car when got mine, and brakes were are you mentioned - like rock. Was told that it may have been due to the fact it was an auto and the servo may be bigger or something.

Anyway, car is in for service next week and have asked them to look at it. I think maybe air in system somewhere or maybe some moisture has got into the fluid??

I have a Jan 2001 X-reg IS200 - its silver (platinum ice) too!! :P

Loaner was taken last year in April and was only a month or so old.

With mine I notice that sometimes the brakes can be ok to good, sometimes they are not. When I got the car (April last year) I was getting pedal sink regularly, though not so bad now. Maybe cos the pads have worn more????

If you read that "how stuff works" link in the EBC secton from Supracharged.... then it sort of indicates maybe a problem with the master cylinder - want to get that sorted if so, before warrenty runs out in Jan.

I bet they say its normal etc and I shall have to live with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links