Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone In The Mobile Phone Business

Fargo

more i look into it the more i liek the HTC phones..

not after a new contract as im stuck with 18month O2, so am looking at gettinghold of an ulocked phone, so the phone needs to make use of my unlimited data..

Theres probably a fair useage policy with the "unlimited" statement so be wary.

Just rang Orange they can't get anywhere near the prices ive found on the net for the HTC Touch HD and because Orange are the only people to have the HTC Touch HD that means i cannot transfer my number if i take out a new contract via the web. Which means G1 here i come.

Cheapest contract i found for the G1 are here if anyone is interested.

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...1-Black/85,8058

And cheapest HTC Touch HD deals where here

http://www.mobilerainbow.co.uk/alldeals.asp?id=1477

strange that 3g is not always mentioned in the blurb..

SO redz. your opinion on this,, i want to go with a HTC phone.

Something close to my Iphone as poss. ie sat nav, a nice laid out calender, internet, email, touchscreen input (maybe go keyboard)

Something to make use of unlimited data.

Looking at Touch, Touch 3G, Diamond, TyTNII,

errrmm cant think of anything else.

What would you go for.

Something close to my iphone as poss. ie sat nav, a nice laid out calender, internet, email, touchscreen input (maybe go keyboard)

What would you go for.

Fargo i would go and try them mate, you never know what you'll like until you try it. I never thought i would have got the G1 but now am just after a 5 min go on it.

Have a look at these vid's there pretty funny with all the geeks but shows a brief range of what the G1 can do. From not liking it i am now ranting :( bit like someone else on here sorry LoL

All these vids are made by the andriod developers

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8D19D01A9F4AA199

Ellz: Sorry if I missed it but can you enlighten me as to why you would choose the G1 when any review you read says it pales next to the Iphone. For the same £35 you get UNLIMITED data on the Iphone and a VASTLY superior selection of apps.

If you do go for the G1 you can expect within a very short timeframe much better hardware available capable of running Android.

I fear that very soon after your purchase you will wish you had waited.

If you must go for an Android phone, I suggest waiting for the next iteration of hardware.

Something close to my iphone as poss. ie sat nav, a nice laid out calender, internet, email, touchscreen input (maybe go keyboard)

What would you go for.

Iphone!! its the best nothing comes close...blah blah!!

ok seriously, as a web browser, its hard to beat the Iphone butthe g1 comes close..

i would be tempted towards the touch pro as i like a proper tactile keyboard or the HD if the keyboard isnt an issue..

i hear you ellz, but the styling of the G1 isnt doing it for me.. and yes of course im gona go get some play time with the HTC's,, looking on eBay seems i wont get much change from 250-300 quid mark.

FYI come across this site to purchase new, unocked,unbranded HTC's not much price diff in price to eBay but i'd rather buy new..

this site will give me 205 quid for my Iphone although looking on eBay there going for over 300 quids..

i hear you ellz, but the styling of the G1 isnt doing it for me.. and yes of course im gona go get some play time with the HTC's,, looking on ebay seems i wont get much change from 250-300 quid mark.

FYI come across this site to purchase new, unocked,unbranded HTC's not much price diff in price to ebay but i'd rather buy new..

this site will give me 205 quid for my iphone although looking on ebay there going for over 300 quids..

Yeah i know where your coming from with the styling and general feel of the G1.

I saw a Iphone 16 gig on eBay for over £800 the other day im hoping that someone didnt actually pay that much for one.

Hey guys this is my first post of many from my new g1. The 3g in my arwa must be bloody good as this is running at about the speed of my normal pc. Must say very impressed so far I,m typing this with great ease and I've only had in 10 mins. I'll let you know how I get on with ot later tonight

not after a new contract as im stuck with 18month O2, so am looking at gettinghold of an ulocked phone, so the phone needs to make use of my unlimited data..

Just rang Orange they can't get anywhere near the prices ive found on the net for the HTC Touch HD and because Orange are the only people to have the HTC Touch HD that means i cannot transfer my number if i take out a new contract via the web. Which means G1 here i come.

You can port your number across at any time of the contract. Be it in the 17th month of the contract, you can still do it providing its an active number on a network and your pac code is still valid.

Unfortunately you dont always get as good deals as taking out a new umber with the network, so best thing to do if you want to keep your number is port across to another network on payg and then port across to the network you'd like the handset on. You do not need the pac code before setting up another contract. As I said, there is no time limit on when you can transfer a number across.

You can port your number across at any time of the contract. Be it in the 17th month of the contract, you can still do it providing its an active number on a network and your pac code is still valid.

Unfortunately you dont always get as good deals as taking out a new umber with the network, so best thing to do if you want to keep your number is port across to another network on payg and then port across to the network you'd like the handset on. You do not need the pac code before setting up another contract. As I said, there is no time limit on when you can transfer a number across.

My contract was due on feb 5th and you have to givbe 30 days notice. So my last day is on the 13th feb but im getting my pac code on monday to port across to T-mobile. When talking to Orange they said there was no way to switch number if i took out a new contract. But im guessing if i changed to 1 company then back to orange that could work.

It all done now though as im on t-mobile, im really impressed with the G1 at the moment. Another plus is ALL the apps are free. I havent come across one that costs any money yet at all. Before downloading them it also warns you of what the app will use on your handset e.g. internet, gps, personal details, not let the phone sleep etc so if your Battery wary you can deactive app's to save Battery.

i was with vodaphone, and asked if i could port my number early to O2, and then when the contract was up then cancel it at that time,, they said yeh no problem.

anyway no PAC number came so i rang them again, and asked them again if it was ok, they said yes.

ported number ok, then i get final bill from voda, including 13 odd quid for canceling a month early.. rang them up and explained that they had said on two occasions it was ok, customer services said nothing we can do, so i politely asked them to go check the recored telecon.. then all of a sudden i get the old as a token of goodwill gesture we will wipe it.

I had asked O2 about if i can port my number at any point,, they said yes.

i was with vodaphone, and asked if i could port my number early to O2, and then when the contract was up then cancel it at that time,, they said yeh no problem.

anyway no PAC number came so i rang them again, and asked them again if it was ok, they said yes.

ported number ok, then i get final bill from voda, including 13 odd quid for canceling a month early.. rang them up and explained that they had said on two occasions it was ok, customer services said nothing we can do, so i politely asked them to go check the recored telecon.. then all of a sudden i get the old as a token of goodwill gesture we will wipe it.

I had asked O2 about if i can port my number at any point,, they said yes.

Yeah thats fine i think people are getting mixed up. I was on Orange and as the Touch HD is only available on Orange I asked if i could keep my number if i took a new contract (as it was better to do so than just get an upgrade) they said no to that.

Any ways Fargo which one you going for ? Touch HD looks really cool the touch flow is pretty sweet not seen much on the 3G one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links