Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ripspeed Dv720

Hi guys quick quiz for you Ice gurus, just came to hooking up my new hu but noticed this only has 1 Subwoofer (Blue) rca or end thing (see pic), when I need to connect my 2 Phono leads from my amp into it... Looked on there site an they say I need a mono to stereo cable or the other way round which has really annoyed me. Is there any other way of hooking it up in this mono style? or must I get the other cable so 2 can go to 1. I don't want to just plug them into my rear speaker RCA's as I want to be able to control the subs seperate.

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

Thanks for any help in advance guys :)

Also is this P. CNTR the remote cable for my amp it looks spot on blue/white cable on the little diagram on the radio it's looking like the same cable that goes to the amp.

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

Yeah thats the power control.

And no there's no other way unfortunately. You can just connect to one but you'll get only one channel and he sub uses two bridged i assume.

They're not that expensive splitters.

Look like this:

rcaMto2F3inch.jpg

Stav

I shall get a splitter part at the weekend then stav thanks just to keep it all simple...

So the Power Control would be going into the remote for my amp? I just need to fit one of those little nipple things so it's easy to attach an detatch. Will report back when I get it all working.

**Edit** I have no manual or i'd just look it all up myself lol..

Wozza, Stav, Redz any Ice person please help...

Another question on seperate issue, so I have looked into my subs more & the 1200watts claimed in the real world are 400RMS each(I have 2) so looking to give this sort of power to them now as there loud now but clearly if I had better power I assume they will work even better...

Now my amp which is only 1000watts I'm guessing pumps out like no more than 50RMS to each, clearly underpowering and in time will damage them I suppose.. Well always keepin an eye for something better an now I know what to look for RMS wise I can try and match this. I've got a chance to use a amp which is 4000watts(irrelevant now I know) which in turn gives a good 500RMS to each of my subs.. This is 100RMS over the max i believe, will this be ok or no worse than what i'm doing already? don't want to blow the subs or waste my money lol...

Another question on seperate issue, so I have looked into my subs more & the 1200watts claimed in the real world are 400RMS each(I have 2) so looking to give this sort of power to them now as there loud now but clearly if I had better power I assume they will work even better...

Now my amp which is only 1000watts I'm guessing pumps out like no more than 50RMS to each, clearly underpowering and in time will damage them I suppose.. Well always keepin an eye for something better an now I know what to look for RMS wise I can try and match this. I've got a chance to use a amp which is 4000watts(irrelevant now I know) which in turn gives a good 500RMS to each of my subs.. This is 100RMS over the max i believe, will this be ok or no worse than what i'm doing already? don't want to blow the subs or waste my money lol...

what are the amps and subs??

its not easy to guess what the rms vs any other rating as they all calculate it different. then not all amps will give the power stated on the box due to other factors such as power supply.. ie most alpine amps will only give there rated output when given a clean 14.4v. JL slash amps will give there stated output at 11v-14v as it has a very good regulated interface, some amps are unregulated which will keep giving more power until either the power supply fails or the amp cooks itself!!

if you list the amps and subs available i can suggest what will be the best combo..

what are the amps and subs??

its not easy to guess what the rms vs any other rating as they all calculate it different. then not all amps will give the power stated on the box due to other factors such as power supply.. ie most alpine amps will only give there rated output when given a clean 14.4v. JL slash amps will give there stated output at 11v-14v as it has a very good regulated interface, some amps are unregulated which will keep giving more power until either the power supply fails or the amp cooks itself!!

if you list the amps and subs available i can suggest what will be the best combo..

Vibe Black Air 10"

Amp: Boss PD-4000

[ok, the subs are 300w each (if they are v1) 4ohm.. how have you got them wired??

lets assume that they are wired to 2 ohm.

the amp is 'allegedly' rated at 800w rms x2 at 2 ohm.. however i find this VERY difficult to believe as it will only accept 4 gauge wire into its terminals.. this severely limits the amount of current it can draw.

taking the info availiable into consideration, it should be ok on these subs if its set up correctly so as not to 'clip' as this is what will blow your speakers. check where your gains are set.

the amp is very 'raw' and wont give the best possible signal to your subs and will result in a very grunty unrefined sound. but should give some good volume!! if you wanted a good upgrade i would recommend this

amp

it is a very good amp, with good power on tap.. set right it will power your subs happily without ever being stretched and if you decide to upgrade your subs later then your already started!

I will try an get a pic of how its currently wired up and of the sub, so it will help you or I will just show you at the Mid meet as that will be alot easier. I'm wired up on 2 channels, if the one you recommend is just for 1(as I see its mono) I would need 2, as I have 2 subs?

Thanks for your time on this..

I will try an get a pic of how its currently wired up and of the sub, so it will help you or I will just show you at the Mid meet as that will be alot easier. I'm wired up on 2 channels, if the one you recommend is just for 1(as I see its mono) I would need 2, as I have 2 subs?

Thanks for your time on this..

as bass is mono, you only need one channel.. B)

sounds like you have them wired at 4 ohms into each channel..

we will look at it at the mids meet and see what we can do for ya..

Well fitted the DV 720 today and sorted my problems with the subs & remote, there now all wired up with connections & working great, good times..

Now the bad times..

Here is the new dam problem.. It's resetting itself everytime I switch on/off the acc (resets Radio & SQ's), I'm trying to find a manual online which will help me if any of you guys can help it will be greatly apprecitated I want to sort it out tomorrow as thats when I have time to pull it all out again lol..

So I assume the power wires need swopping around in the iso unit or something which is causing the resets? I can't keep this headunit if it keeps resetting it's driving me insane an it's day1 lol..

I watched a film on it so thats all works an the SQ works, radio worked ish although I didnt know how to save new stations to the presets :S

that doesnt sound good at all mate..

either you've wired the power wrong or the unit is drawing too much current and cuts out when the ac needs it.. what voltage is it showing on the dash? do you have a multimeter??

to answer the question above.. it should be exactly as that diagram and therefore showing a 4ohm load on each channel.

EDIT: just read it properly!! thought u meant when u turn the AC on. you meant the ACC on the ignition.. :blush:

what stav says below is right!

lol Redz no problem ;) I will update you guys tomorrow on if it works when I change them over, thanks for the quick responses..

The ebayer who sold it to me has also suggested the same before I panic, as they had changed it over also lol..

And another person I contacted who has one for sale, says it sounds like the live perm wire needs to be sorted :) so will get to it tomorrow & swop them round..

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links