Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Range With Orange Light

Aweb

hopefully a straight forward question.

how many miles would you say its possible to do as soon as the orange fuel light comes on?

hopefully it should be roughly the same answer even though i've got an altezza.

I know this may be off topic but I just bought my Lexus IS200 SE and was reading through the manual, they say driving when the orange light comes on may damage the catalyc converter, maybe im taking it a little too seriously but just thought i'd share that fact

I know this may be off topic but I just bought my Lexus IS200 SE and was reading through the manual, they say driving when the orange light comes on may damage the catalyc converter, maybe im taking it a little too seriously but just thought i'd share that fact

That shouldn't be a problem at all. The only thing that I can think of to be wary of is actually totally running out of fuel, in which case you *might* get some unburnt fuel through the cat, which could in theory damage it.

Think that would only happen if it totally ran out of fuel?

When it gets really low you get the risk of something getting stuck in the filter I think, you're a long way away from that when the light first comes on though, I've had about 40 miles out of it with the light on and that's in the Aristo which likes a drink more than me!

LOL try getting 18ish normally round town and mid 20's on a long journey! :whistling:

Oh I know the score dude!

I'm happy with 18 on a long journey :crying:

Saying that will be interesting what figures I get in a few weeks time :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links