Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Perhaps Not New...

Fidgits

Hi all...

Its been quite a while since I was last here... :whistling:

But with a change in jobs, the elise is going and i need an all rounder again... and of course, my thoughts go back to Lexus...

I'm tempted by a IS250 (with navigator thingy), but would be interested in any owner reviews/problems/etc...

Welcome back mate!

Not sure about the IS250, seems rattles are the only thing people still talk about but think they might have a fix for it now if it does occur (as one member recently posted) - I've still never driven an IS250 that rattled so not sure how common it is............

Hi all...

Its been quite a while since I was last here... :whistling:

But with a change in jobs, the elise is going and i need an all rounder again... and of course, my thoughts go back to Lexus...

I'm tempted by a IS250 (with navigator thingy), but would be interested in any owner reviews/problems/etc...

Hi Ian,

Thought you'd considered the 220D and quite rightly dismissed it in favour of a diesel Beemer or Audi?

The 250 still has some teething problems, but most of those known have a fix. IMHO 250 SEL auto with MM is the one to go for, but then I'm biased, but you could always get that Exige :D .

Early re-calls:

- change out of the front seat belt enertia reels

- change out of petrol feed pipe (original on some vehicles have a risk of splitting/cracking)

- side air bag inflator change out (incorrectly assembled, only applied to 133 cars)

- accelerator pedal change out (inadequate clearance between linkage and carpet, 3567 cars affected, think all were in the U.S.but not sure)

Lots of TSIB's, but those most relevant:

- top end engine re-builds for those suffering rattling during cold start up

- various interior rattles (which mine hasn't suffered from in 3 years)

- excessive dust from front OEM front brake pads

- noise/interference to sound system from aux port and charger in central storage compartment

- new design inner rear view mirror if yours suffers from vibration

- solution for those who have squeak from front seats

- corrosion of alloys (sound familiar?)

Possibly pending are:

- steering rack recall (not on VOSA site yet but at least one LOC member has had one changed)

Think that's all, but no doubt others will post those I've missed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links