Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replace Near Side Sidelight

Has anyone tried replacing the near side sidelight wedge bulb on an IS220d? If so how did you do it?

My arms and hands are too large and won't bend to the angle required... :tsktsk:

do u mean the one on the side of the car above wheel arch or hte ones next to the grille? if next to grille its really hard. scraped my skin when changed mine to whiter bulbs...

The sidelight replacement takes some practice......

For the nearside bulb:

Remove plastic covers which hide radiator etc

Use 10mm spanner to remove the piece of plastic which holds the windscreen washer bottle; it gives you room to manouvere

Hand in; watch for skin scraping. there is a metal clip which holds a plastic cover in place on the left hand side as you look down on it. Unclip it (this is a little difficult) and carefully remove.

This gives acces to the bulb; twist remove, replace.

When replacing the bulb cover make sure it is firmly locked in place. Use a torch to see what you are doing. If it isnt in place your headlamps will mist up when it rains!!

For the nearside bulb:

Use 10mm spanner to remove the piece of plastic which holds the windscreen washer bottle; it gives you room to manouvere

Hand in; watch for skin scraping. there is a metal clip which holds a plastic cover in place on the left hand side as you look down on it. Unclip it (this is a little difficult) and carefully remove.

When replacing the bulb cover make sure it is firmly locked in place. Use a torch to see what you are doing. If it isnt in place your headlamps will mist up when it rains!!

Another option is to take it to the people that do this every day for their living. If you can afford a Lexus and need to change your own bulbs...

If you can afford a Lexus and need to change your own bulbs...

Do you have someone to wipe your own arse for you too :lol:

A lot of people just like to do little bits theirselves mate, plus what's the point driving out of your way when it's something you can do in five mins :)

• Like 1

If you can afford a Lexus and need to change your own bulbs...

Do you have someone to wipe your own arse for you too :lol:

A lot of people just like to do little bits theirselves mate, plus what's the point driving out of your way when it's something you can do in five mins :)

indeed. would never pay someone to replace my lightbulbs. lol. just like wouldnt let anyone wash my car..could afford it easily..not the point tho :)

For the nearside bulb:

There also appears to another box of electronics between the Washer bottle and the lamp cluster. Maybe it only appears on the IS220d, attatched to that is a loom running accross the front...

It was the offside one that had blown, and I thought I'd be clever by changing both for white LED ones, however I think I'll just change the offside on for a standard lamp, then at least they'll match!

I also now have to get hold of a few cover clips, as at least 3 shot off somewhere.... sigh!!!

For the nearside bulb:

There also appears to another box of electronics between the Washer bottle and the lamp cluster. Maybe it only appears on the IS220d, attatched to that is a loom running accross the front...

It was the offside one that had blown, and I thought I'd be clever by changing both for white LED ones, however I think I'll just change the offside on for a standard lamp, then at least they'll match!

I also now have to get hold of a few cover clips, as at least 3 shot off somewhere.... sigh!!!

Horses for courses as they say. I'd nip down to Lexus and have a coffee whilst admiring the receptionists assets while the boys who know what thery are doing get on with it.

For the nearside bulb:

Horses for courses as they say. I'd nip down to Lexus and have a coffee whilst admiring the receptionists assets while the boys who know what thery are doing get on with it.

Unfortunately... my local Lexus has guys in the reception.. so no go for using lexus to change them out!. Though.. they do offer free wi-fi. And the toilet there is huuuuuge, probably the size of my bedroom, but with only 1 bog! lol!

I need to change my side lights out soon, i can't stand the HID white with the yellow side light. (damn should have kept my white bulbs on my old car before i sold it!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links