Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Kit Spraying

tys

Guest inicol63
i have bought a replica trd kit for my is200se.if i get paint mixed up in a pray can how hard will it be to match the car by paintin skirts ect.my car i platinum silver.

That not the best colour to paint mate, i would put it in a work paint shop...

This isn't the greatest figure but I paid them £500 to fit a TRD back lip, Blitz front lip, the TRD sideskirts and to paint the entire lot including respraying all of the bumpers front and rear so just to do the lip shouldn't be that much?

This isn't the greatest figure but I paid them £500 to fit a TRD back lip, Blitz front lip, the TRD sideskirts and to paint the entire lot including respraying all of the bumpers front and rear so just to do the lip shouldn't be that much?

nottingham wanted £1k to do a trd kit!!

decent body shop SHOULD do it for about £100.. make sure youve seen there work though as its not an easy colour to get a good match..

Don't know if it's still the case but they used to send it off elsewhere's anyway, think to Popeyes or something Italian sounding? It was down near the County ground I think - or whichever football ground is near Hooters!

It was Sheffield that did that lot for me - sounds like Notts were trying to pull your pants down!

I sprayed my front lip with spray cans, got a perfect match, although, the paint shop i use, mix the paint and put it in a can.

John, what's the process with something like that? Got a scuff on my front bumper and was wondering if I could just get some 202 mixed paint and spray it to cover it for now - do you have to keep it dry, do a few coats and then put a clearcoat on top afterwards?

Thanks in advance fella!

Tempted to get a lip in the future at which point I'd take it to the bodyshop but for a two inch scuff just want to temp cover it up!

I had similar on the IS where it caught a high kerb and used a little tin of the touchup stuff you could used to get for the cars - not sure what the part numbers are for that though?

does any1 reckon halford would do a good spray can match?im trying to save as much money as i can.lol.got another car 2 modify!lol i cant help myself.

They should be able to mix it for you matey, If you pop in and give them your paint code they'll do there and then think its about £13 for a spray can?

Spraying mine at the moment too but using my spray gun :)

I sprayed my front lip with spray cans, got a perfect match, although, the paint shop i use, mix the paint and put it in a can.

John, what's the process with something like that? Got a scuff on my front bumper and was wondering if I could just get some 202 mixed paint and spray it to cover it for now - do you have to keep it dry, do a few coats and then put a clearcoat on top afterwards?

Thanks in advance fella!

Tempted to get a lip in the future at which point I'd take it to the bodyshop but for a two inch scuff just want to temp cover it up!

I had similar on the IS where it caught a high kerb and used a little tin of the touchup stuff you could used to get for the cars - not sure what the part numbers are for that though?

Havnt you got a big scuff on your rear bumper too mate :whistling:

:lol:

Not any more mate, job has been done this weekend :D

Just ordered a Toyota paint stick from Lexus Leicester in my colour code to do the stonechips before I go to town on it, was a tenner, and then ordered a paint pen from Taiwan for 4 quid - thought it's gotta be worth a go at that :)

Not any more mate, job has been done this weekend :D

Just ordered a Toyota paint stick from Lexus Leicester in my colour code to do the stonechips before I go to town on it, was a tenner, and then ordered a paint pen from Taiwan for 4 quid - thought it's gotta be worth a go at that :)

With a scuff, unless you want to spray the whole panel, your better off with what you have orderd

With a scuff, unless you want to spray the whole panel, your better off with what you have orderd

Chris is on about the big red scuff here:

backendcopyof7.jpg

Yeah it's about a two inch scrape at the front where the previous owner caught a high kerb, it's just I'm just getting round to sorting out the paintwork on the car as I want to do it before I give it a proper polishing soon!

Those little pots are good like what I just ordered from Lexus Leicester on eBay, did quite a few stone chips on the IS which had the Granite Sky and the touch up paint was fantastic!

Toyota GT are charging me £250-300 for painting and fitting front and rear skirts but not sides. I imagine with sides it would be about £500. However the kit itself is about £500 so can't be too bad a deal your getting.

does anybody have pic of their skirts,bumpers,etc painted with a spray can?also any tips would be helpful.thanks

Hi

Try this link, it does take practice to get a nice finish, also lots of patience, don't rush it and let it dry well between coats.....

http://www.paintscratch.com/spraycan.htm

Good Luck

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links