Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Coils

Asi

With any coilover you're pretty much going to lose some ride quality mate, the best you'd probably get would be Tein CS (Comfort Sport) or the HSD Smoothies.

Price wise the best bang for the buck would be the HSDs - I've got the HR spec coilovers which are slightly firmer than standard but a fantastic ride - the Smoothies are just softer springs so should be as close to stock as you'll get :)

Here are the HSDs:

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/categori...acc5bc2f96.html

With any coilover you're pretty much going to lose some ride quality mate, the best you'd probably get would be Tein CS (Comfort Sport) or the HSD Smoothies.

I don't think that Tein do the CS for the IS200. Choices from Tein are Basic, Super Street or Mono Flex. Actually they're not listing CS for the GS models either on their website at the moment, wonder if they've discontinued those ?

Not sure why mate but I saw that as well - guess they do have more of them over there which would highlight stuff but some of them seem to be doing hardly any milage - but on the flipside they have their cars lowered to stupidly low levels which could also have a lot to do with it?

Just had a look on the Jap Tein site and found something interesting - they list four applicable coilovers for the RS200 but then only two for the AS200 and says they need the spring seats adjusting?

I know the AS200 is heavier than the RS200 so maybe it's a safer bet to stick to the IS300 coilovers which are designed for an even heavier car than the IS200 anyway?! Not really sure if it actually makes much difference or if that's just the way they advertise them?

TEIN US seem to offer different models anyway as the Jap site doesn't list the Flex as being available for the JZS161 and yet I know loads of people that sell them - must be imported from the USA then?!

I'm as happy as Kerry Katona at a free bar with my HSDs anyway :)

hmmm...

im also trying to decide between coilovers and springs..

wnat to drop a bit lower but dont want the ride to suffer.. i also have a lot of weight in the boot form subs etc..

Daft as it sounds mate you'd probably be better off with coilovers with the extra weight as they have stronger dampers and so the back end of the car wouldn't squat as much with them as it would with standard shocks and lowering springs? There's also less rebound so if you go over a speed hump there's less chance of the car rebounding and catching it's arse!

I was gobsmacked when I took my car back to the garage ten days ago, the boot and back of the car were full of bits, heavy bits at that too - two manifolds, four turbos and all those bits, then shed loads of oils for the engine, diff, gearbox, then 10l of coolant and the height didn't even move at all and it drove fantastically well up the windy roads, didn't catch a thing!

I know it's not identical but have a ride in mine with the HSDs on and see what you think - I was well happy as it's still a great ride!

Chris has the TTE coilovers in his car and I was well happy with those on his, they seemed much better than the same coilovers I'd had on my car, think it was because mine was too low or something that it was much harsher?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links