Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just some snaps on the track, by the professional photographer. Not sure i wanted to pay 30 quid per car, but i got these photos to show!

Was at Bedford Autodrome up in... Bedford of course, and it was interesting seeing a Lexus there, as.. well.. most cars there were the likes of M3's and other semi hardcore track cars. But that did not mean the IS250 was lame...

Infact.. it was aweeeeessssooooommmmmeee!!! IT lacked a bit of power on the straights but cornering was fantastic. OF course.. i did turn off all the driving aids from the hack found on this forum, the little lexus then turns into a beast with lots of over steer if need be!... Don't worry.. There is a Video which i have also included to show just how good it was.... Enjoy guys!

post-25261-1233227902.jpg

post-25261-1233227917.jpg

post-25261-1233227858.jpg

There might have been some body roll......... As shown........ It is expected reallly! for such a big car

post-25261-1233227870.jpg

post-25261-1233227882.jpg

post-25261-1233227930.jpg

Hard on the brakes....... Thus the nose dips down

post-25261-1233227954.jpg

Credit crunching MPG... 11mpg.. with a 4 mile track... about 1.50 per lap!

post-25261-1233227777.jpg

post-25261-1233227824.jpg

And one honda s2000 just for luck-- brother's car

post-25261-1233228048.jpg

And of course.. the video!

IS250 Track

Couldn't figure out how to embbed the video on the forum.. so this will do!

It is a long video... It only gets a bit interesting when i start over taking cars like a ....... chav?... about half way is where i keep up with a scooby.. which then nails me on the straights.... Enjoy!

Careful where you post those pics - they are property of the photographer and he owns copywright.

Looks like a good day though! :)

Well.. on his website.. or the track day website. These smaller versions are the Sample Pictures...I meerly just right clicked and saved..... If he didn;t want me to have these pictures. he would have made them into even smaller thumbnails..and put water marks all of them...

Got to admit.. he is one good photographer!

Good to see the tank MPG with an 11 in it!

So how was it on track? It looks composed...

Admittedly.. it was pretty damn good.... The handling blew my mind, i could throw it into a corner and it would grip and grip. Obviously there are limitations, but was aweeemazing ( Awesome and amazing together!). The tyres would squeel but thats just them telling me they are having a good time!

The body roll was a tad annoying as i kept on getting flung out of the seat, but it is expected from such a large and heavy car. Though it was kept in shape and still cornered like a pro!

The only bad point, would be the lack of power, i was left in the dust on the long long straight.... So one day.. supercharger kit!!! If it exsists!

Also.. because the engine is so damn quiet and i was using semi auto mode, i kept on hitting the rev limiter (even though there are colourful lights on the dials to tell me i should shift...) you kind of ignore those when concentrating at the corner ahead.

I actaully got a couple of compliments on the day... one was the track marshall saying that i looked good on the track, possibly cos i was over taking alot of cars. And a dude driving a BMW 330 and a Saab something Aero Estate.. Both very good at driving and both very fast, and was surprised that i was still leading or still following them after 2 laps.

MORE IS250 owners.. Take your cars on the track!.. You won't break it!

Was this an arrive-and-drive type of day open for all cars?? I've been to Donnington a couple of times where they've operate an open pit-lane for about 30 cars so I would love to have a go at Bedford. Any info would be much appreciated!

ta.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links