Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washing Machines

Kazi

My frggin washing machine decided it wasn't going to work today, randomly without warning it just displayed an error code on display which according to the manual means this;

Err8: Water exceeds protective level

Correction: Check the circuit and contact the maintenance personnel.

Anybody got any experience in this field and can maybe shed some light on the matter?

I've cleaned the drainage pipes, removed a 2- coin from the filter and drained the machine but it still keeps displaying this err code.

Am I better off dumping this machine which is only just over a year old, or better to get it repaired?

Cheers folks,

Kaz.

Mate, my kitchen floor was flooded from the dam thing, im still seething with rage from it. Its a Haier which is a sister company of one of the bigger brands, think its Hotpoint.

Spare me the jibes tomoz to Aido, it may still be a sore subject!!! :P

Well it finally loaded and has some suggestions what to try in that service manual, but it's the last page that worries me - who has this as their company logo?!

haiertink4.gif

does there logo really say man love is ok or have you edited it? bit bold aint it lol

and as for the err8, you'll be fine, its when you get err3 you need to worry :D :D

That's exactly how it came off their website :lol: Not surprised with a pic like that either :whistling:

At least their engineers must be happy!

does there logo really say man love is ok or have you edited it? bit bold aint it lol

and as for the err8, you'll be fine, its when you get err3 you need to worry :D :D

Don't think someone knows im on about a washing machine! :winky:

At that time in a morning mate Phil did well to type that lot - remember the crap I used to come out with about three years ago after I'd had some beer and came on LOC :lol:

It's most likely a simple fault, the washing machine in my apartment (that's rented out at the mo) went wrong a few weeks ago and I was all set to buy an £800 replacement (as it's 10 years old) but then discovered all it needed was a £30 replacement door lock and it's ready to go for another 10 years.

Have you checked the filter under the machine? And also the pipe that takes the water away (not the one on the machine, but the one the machine pipe is connected to)?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links