Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wondering why the GS300 has 2 aerials? Which one does the normal radio use? I thought it might have been something to do with the Mark levinson stuff, but they all seem to have them!

Cheers.

For MK2 one of them is probably black and is for the SatNav - cheaper at the factory to include the aerial part of GPS for all cars.

Just wondering why the GS300 has 2 aerials? Which one does the normal radio use? I thought it might have been something to do with the Mark levinson stuff, but they all seem to have them!

Cheers.

For MK2 one of them is probably black and is for the SatNav - cheaper at the factory to include the aerial part of GPS for all cars.

Yeah it's a mk2. So the electric one is for the radio and the little black one on the roof is for the sat nav?

It's just that the radio signal is very poor and the little Black one is missing the antenna so thought it might have been something to do with that. If the electric one is for the radio, i wonder why it's so poor?

err, that doesn't sound right.

The Mk2 factory satnav aerial is an element in the rear window. The roof aerial must be an addition by a previous owner.

If the electric aerial is producing poor reception, it is likely to be earthing out due to rain getting in.

err, that doesn't sound right.

The Mk2 factory satnav aerial is an element in the rear window. The roof aerial must be an addition by a previous owner.

If the electric aerial is producing poor reception, it is likely to be earthing out due to rain getting in.

I definately think it's an OEM aerial, here's a few examples of the roof aerial i'm talking about:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/777006.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/856686.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/741013.htm

I have one on mine its a phone aerial a short rubber one.

Was this an optional extra from the factory? Just wondering as we are trying to fit a parrot to it at the minute!

The rubber aerial is for GPS. If you do have the factory phone option you should have this in your car and the cradle in the top part of your centre armrest. After several months I discovered that it was an expensive option which was not taken by many and unless modified uses a Motorola V50. I managed to get an original Lexus branded one which works superbly in the car.tn_gallery_13294_516_188441.jpg

I have one on mine its a phone aerial a short rubber one.

Was this an optional extra from the factory? Just wondering as we are trying to fit a parrot to it at the minute!

The rubber aerial is for GPS. If you do have the factory phone option you should have this in your car and the cradle in the top part of your centre armrest. After several months I discovered that it was an expensive option which was not taken by many and unless modified uses a Motorola V50. I managed to get an original Lexus branded one which works superbly in the car.tn_gallery_13294_516_188441.jpg

Cheers Dave. I dont think it has the phone option. Any ideas where to get a GPS antenna? The normal Halfords aerials don't fit, and it isn't shown on the EPC. The sat nav does work fine, but i might as well try and find one.

Cheers.

I dont have the satnav but I do have the phone cradle but I cannot say if it is a factory option.

tn_gallery_13294_516_79145.jpg

The factoryfit looked like this and is in the upper of the 2 compartments in centre armrest/cubbyhole. If it is the factoryfit then you will have the controls by the steering wheel as per photo in my earlier post.

No mines not like that so maybe not a factory fit, but I have seen the same aerial as mine on other GS's and I think on some LS 430s.

I was told by Lexus that the black aerial on the rear of the roof is for the GPS Satnav, even though it is often on some Lexus without the satnav option actually fitted.

I'm not sure about that - when I took my Aristo apart I found that the factory GPS aerial is located just next to the subwoofer - I actually removed mine completely as it was resonating at certain frequencies.

I read a post somewhere the other day where they said that all GS's were fitted with this antenna as it made life easier for them - don't know if that's true or not but would be interesting to see if that's the case!

I don't like the aerial on the roof of mine so at some point I'm thinking get it removed and get a bodyshop to fill it in and then repaint it :)

My days of stripping cars are long gone so I've not stripped anything on the car to check.....just going by what I was told so I don't guarantee it to be 100%, although I can't think what else it may be for.

You say you stripped yours? Be good to know what was connected to your roof antenna.........if anything.

My days of stripping cars are long gone so I've not stripped anything on the car to check.....just going by what I was told so I don't guarantee it to be 100%, although I can't think what else it may be for.

You say you stripped yours? Be good to know what was connected to your roof antenna.........if anything.

In mine it's a tv aerial - is connected to a box in the car - I haven't tried it myself but a guy who has the same car hacked the wire and uses it to feed his digital tv box and it works great :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links