Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Size Of Spacers?

A-LEX

Hi guys, I want to put spacers on my IS 200 and I'm not sure what is the max size of spacer that I can go with without rubbing on the arches or having to put longer studs??? My tyres are standard lexus 215/45/17

Thanks!

10 mm Max without getting longer studs. If you do need to get longer studs then they are easy to replace there is a hole at the back of the drum where they can be knocked through without taking the full unit off.

If you do put spacers on whatever size then get the HUB-CENTRIC type.They centre your wheels a lot better so you shouldn't have any balance problems. They are usually available on eBay.

Terry

just to be clear, putting spacers would make the wheel stick out? is that the point?

That's exactly right mate, some wheels with a larger offset will actually sit inside the arches, and the spacers push the rim out to sit flush with or even further out than the arch if you have extensions fitted!

LOL this was my old Ka:

DSC00241.jpg

So many happy memories. :lol:

i had the opputunity to drive one as hire when i wrote off the lexus, interesting experiance, 08 plate without electric windows, no cd player, no central locking,

just imagine my face when i saw it lol

cool, A-Lex yo usaid your tyres are standard? are there still not flush?

Yes they are standard and there is some space to make them look meaner! :) I'm just trying to change look a little without going through big modifications... I would like to lower the car but the roads here are not so good... Which means I will put 10mm spacers and thats it. Cheers ;)

Hi guys, I want to put spacers on my IS 200 and I'm not sure what is the max size of spacer that I can go with without rubbing on the arches or having to put longer studs??? My tyres are standard lexus 215/45/17

Thanks!

Better to get some wider wheels if your doing it purely for cosmetic reasons... spacers are for inner clearance.

Personally I woudlnt let spacers anywhere near my car they are dodgy especially without longer studs. Yes it may work but I know not one but two! people that have had wheels come off at speed due to spacers no thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links