Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sound System?

hi all, im adam and am new to loc, and i finally have an is200se - which i have wanted for years! but its in the garage at the moment because some **** went into the back of me :angry: , anyway i'm looking to install a sound system myself but am a complete amateur when it comes to these things! i want to get some sort of carputer setup with a monitor headunit and replace the front speakers, install underseat subwoofers, and i already have a subwoofer for the back. i was wondering how hard it would be to replace the boot speakers, and if this would be possible to do all this for about £600-£700, or am i being stupid? how hard would it be to wire up the subwoofers etc? the car has already got a sony cd player in it. was wondering if anyone could recomend a good setup for the money i have, and also if anyone knows what size fitting the led's are for the dash so i can change them? sorry for all the questions, would appreciate some help! thanks,

adam

Welcome mate,

If you do a search then theres LOADS of threads about changing the LED's in the dash.

As for a carputer setup and stereo, £700's probaly not enough. you'll get a reasonable stereo setup for that though,

Not sure about underseat subs though, never seen them or know how expensive they are.

you may squeeze in a jl 13tw5 or an mbquart rsh304 but wont be much room..

the JL are around £600 mb £140.. either way i would spend the money on a good sub and custom enclosure and a good amp to power it..

i would bin the rears and just get some good fronts and some dynamatt..

thats your £700 spent!

ok, thanks for the replies! looks like a carputer is out the window then, but ive decided on getting the speaers sorted instead - im going to leave the ones on the rear shelf cos will probably be too much trouble, but am going to replace all the other ones, and fit a sub in the boot - i have read that i can be quite difficult to get bass into the cabin though?? can anyone recommend a good set of speakers for the front, and what i should be looking for? ill get that sorted then look into the underseat subs and maybe some sort of enclosure for them, get a new head unit and then maybe extend my budget and get the window tinted :winky: ,

also i did have a look for the led's on here but couldnt seem to find the sizes, but i have found these if they are any good?

http://www.flatbatt.co.uk/LED-neon-lightin...d_lighting.html

think im going to have fun trying to wire it aswell, if anyone can point me in the right direction and suggest some speakers that are loud it would be much appreciated! :D

if you want the LED's for the clocks matey, you'll need 3x 501 led's and 2x T5 leds just for the clocks :)

I've not long fitted a set of Vibe seK60 components in the front doors and a set of Vibe seK6x9's in the rear, very impressed with them so far and got them running off a JBL amp which works very well, here's a pic in my thread :) CLICK ME! :D

Your best chucking the rear speakers mate, as their actually 4 speakers. one inside another on both sides.

And as an aftermarket stereo doesnt run these right your best chucking them.

Either for a decent set of 6x9's or just getting rid completely and using it and a port for the bass.

those speakers look good m8, mite give them a go :)

is there anyway of getting the back speakers to work properly? the car already had the cd player changed when i got it, would like to either get them working properly or as a last resort change them - is this quite fiddly to do? i think i remember seeing a thread somewhere on here where the seats had to be removed etc :ohmy: , i have already got 6x9's i could use from the old car if i have to though. any ideas on how simple it is to wire the sub? i have been having a look on here but am a bit confused! i wanted to fit som speakers on the passenger doors in the back aswell but think im dreaming there lol, cheers!

is there anyway of getting the back speakers to work properly? the car already had the cd player changed when i got it, would like to either get them working properly or as a last resort change them - is this quite fiddly to do? i think i remember seeing a thread somewhere on here where the seats had to be removed etc :ohmy: , i have already got 6x9's i could use from the old car if i have to though. any ideas on how simple it is to wire the sub? i have been having a look on here but am a bit confused! i wanted to fit som speakers on the passenger doors in the back aswell but think im dreaming there lol, cheers!

best for you budget mate;

ditch rear 6x9's remove completely.

Buy some good fronts and dynamat; the MB Quarts are very good speakers and with the right amount of effort on the doors they will play some good midbass.

a good 2 channel amp or 4 channelif you want room to improve.. jbl 75.4 is a good budget amp and so are the hifonics amp

a good sub in the right box will work well if you have the ski hatch out and the 6x9's. looking at the budget prob a hifinocs sub and amp.

you could get away with a good 4 channel amp to run the fronts and bridge to run the sub: hifonics

i use this in the GF megane coupe with a single 12" and front components..

what sub do you have?

best for you budget mate;

ditch rear 6x9's remove completely.

Buy some good fronts and dynamat; the MB Quarts are very good speakers and with the right amount of effort on the doors they will play some good midbass.

a good 2 channel amp or 4 channelif you want room to improve.. jbl 75.4 is a good budget amp and so are the hifonics amp

a good sub in the right box will work well if you have the ski hatch out and the 6x9's. looking at the budget prob a hifinocs sub and amp.

you could get away with a good 4 channel amp to run the fronts and bridge to run the sub: hifonics

i use this in the GF megane coupe with a single 12" and front components..

what sub do you have?

hi, its this one http://www.motorspeed.co.uk/store_main.asp...product_id=3518

but dont think im going to use that one want to get a bigger more powerful one lol,

mite just stick in the old 6 x 9's just for the sake of it, can always take them out, are they difficult to fit/take the old ones out? if they are i wont bother, also sorry for being stupid but is the ski hatch the thing behind the arm rest or summat?? am looking at this sub at the moment, what u reckon?

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product_info....roducts_id=2988

im not familiar with any of the figures when it comes to these things! i am going to learn though lol, im guessing ill need an amp with that so am looking at the ones in your post, what kind should i be looking for? will be getting some of the dynamat, and hopefully a new headunit with screen, can i chose any or would there be compatability problems? i know im really thick lol sorry, cheers!!

ok so a good double din HU would be the jvc 810.. value for money with a load of features!!

jvc

that with one of the amps suggested and a decent set of components would be within your budget.. you may even get some dynamat.

i wouldnt waste money on that sub box.. you will get far better for your money so i would usethe one you have and upgrade that later.

when your ready to buy pm me and i will see what we can do for your budget.. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links