Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opening The Driver's Door On My Ls430 Using My Smartkey

Hi guys

Once again I call upon your great expertise and wisdom!! (Flattery will get me everywhere!!)

On my LS430 (2001), my driver's door does not open when I have the Smartkey and I touch the door handle. It has been ok before but for some reason its stopped working. The black lock button works absoutely fine. I can lock / unlock the other doors fine with my Smartkey. Its just the driver's door - it doesnt want to open with the door handle. It sounds to me to be loose connection but I wanted to check first if I hadnt mistakenly "programmed" it to do that (you know ...... when you are pushing all those buttons!!). Also Im not too keen to strip to door down to check as sometimes they are a nightmare to put together.

Any advice or ideas what to check for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking in advance

I'm having exactly the same problem! :angry: I also find it doesn't work on other doors or even in the ignition from time to time. I just think that it's not the most reliable system and I've found it tends to be more unreliable in cold weather.

Having just tried my driver's door again, I find that if I use the heel of my hand over the locking button it works pretty much every time, whereas I only need to touch the back door handle with my fingertips for it to work. I'm wondering if the sensor on the driver's door is losing sensitivity.

You may have already tried this but it might be worth cleaning behind the handle. It feels like there is a metal strip and if this has become contaminated by road dirt etc, it might not recognise that there is a hand there. It might also be worth having the batteries in your smart key replaced if you have not already done so.

Jim.

Hi

This is a known issue, they get water ingress into the door handle, it only tends to happen in the winter and in cold weather, it will be alright again when the weather clears up.... If you want a permanent fix it is a new handle and a new door loom.... about £500 plus fitting.... or just press the button....

Pete

I spoke with my dealer today about the problem and they are going to fitting a new handle and modified sensor. I don't know what the replacement cost is, as fortunately I have a warranty which is covering the work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links