Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A Gs300 Sport.

Hi,

I'm looking for a GS300 sport at the moment, after lots of calls to find the car had gone i've found this one.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/414155.htm

It's looks good, and subject to checks i'm hoping to pick it up next week.

One thing is troubling me though, some photos or other cars i've seen show the rear 10" wheel as slightly dished in, the photos on this one seem that the front and rear are same. Has it got front wheels on the back?

10" rear wheels were an option. Most sports will have the standard 8" ones all round.

Thanks, that's reassurring. The car's at the other end of the country form me so i'd like to be sure it's as it should be before i make the trip.

So it'll have the same 245 width tyres front and rear too?

10" rear wheels were an option. Most sports will have the standard 8" ones all round.

Thanks, that's reassurring. The car's at the other end of the country form me so i'd like to be sure it's as it should be before i make the trip.

So it'll have the same 245 width tyres front and rear too?

I'd be more worried about the tow bar. What's it been towing, it could reduce the engine life by half.

I'd be more worried about the tow bar. What's it been towing, it could reduce the engine life by half.

I'd also be more concerned about what it's been towing but not out of concern for the engine. I would be worried about the gearbox if an auxilliary oil cooler isn't fitted unless it has been towing a small trailer. Should be OK if it has a 25mm towball as they would not tow anything bar a fairly light trailer with 25mm ball.

I'd also be more concerned about what it's been towing but not out of concern for the engine. I would be worried about the gearbox if an auxilliary oil cooler isn't fitted unless it has been towing a small trailer. Should be OK if it has a 25mm towball as they would not tow anything bar a fairly light trailer with 25mm ball.

I'm guessing as has twin electrics it was for a caravan. Depends how much use it got really. I was going to check for the extra oil cooler and check the transmission fluid looked good and see how it shifted. From what i've read unless it had been worked really i wasn't too worried (i'll probably use it myself to move light cars about on occasion)

Moderators Note:

Only Gold members are entitled to offer goods for sale

Well, i collected one at the weekend. Not the blue one but a black one from over in manchester that was up on e-bay.

It's a straight forward 1996 Sport, black with 84K miles. It had some early service history, but nothing but MOT certificates to show what's happened the last few years.

It does need a few things, the tyres are terrible (fronts worn and the rear are cheapo one, with a puncture on driverside), then i've got the normal a/c bulbs to replace, the boot rams to sort out, and it only came with one key. It's got gold badges one, which i'm going to swap back to silver, and could do with a good clean.

I've got some new tyres coming (Toyo T-1Rs), and i've ordered a phone kit and hardwired ipod interface, i'm debating swapping the gas rams, srs for £40 if can get the bolts off, otherwise it's £200 and Lexus will fit new ones for me. I've ordered a cam belt and tensioner kit which i'll get on to be safe.

All in all it's good pretty good shape, although the last couple of owners have been a bit lacking in care, hopefully i'll have it all put right soon. :)

Nice one, look forward to seeing it :)

I'll get some photos at the weekend :)

I many have more than a few questions as well... ;)

First one, where can i find out if Lexus Leeds offer discount to gold members?

Best way is ring up mate and just ask, some do, some don't, seems to vary to be honest, sometimes it'll say on the site they do and when you ask they don't do it anymore!

Best way is ring up mate and just ask, some do, some don't, seems to vary to be honest, sometimes it'll say on the site they do and when you ask they don't do it anymore!

Ok, thanks.

Should of bought mine !haha

If you decide to get rid of gold badges, ill take them for mine mate, can give you mine but they are quite corroded and need re-electroplating

Should of bought mine !haha

If you decide to get rid of gold badges, ill take them for mine mate, can give you mine but they are quite corroded and need re-electroplating

lol. If i'd bought yours i would have missed out on the fun of trying to get those boot rams off....

I'll be swapping them at the weekend, i've ordered some replacements already. The gold ones are a bit dull and there is crack in one, but i'll get them off as gently as i can and you're welcome to them. PM me your address and i'll put them in the post to you next week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links