Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

just phoned my local toyota garage to ask about servicing my gs as they are listed as a lexus dealer only to be told they charge £75 an hour for lexus and £54 for toyota .i asked if a toyota tech could do my car they refused saying they are not trained to work on lexus ,i then stated that my car was a toyota supra in drag so what is the problem surely it is easier to work on and will save me money.They will not budge at all but the most annoying thing is i have to pay extra £££ for my lexus but still end up with a TOYOTA stamp in the service book , talk about insult to injury.What are your veiws on this i know lexus is a quality brand etc etc but my car is nearly seven years old surely they can make allowances. :(

if you bought a car outside of lexus and has a warranty from the garage then all you need to do is find a garage that is VAT registered to do the work. This is what they normally want to see.

Consult the warranty company first.

I would certainly go to a private garage and pay £30 an hour rather than £70

also.. i always buy toyota parts so all the receipts show good parts have gone into the car.

not paying an extra £40 an hour for some hairy assed mechanic!

will this not invalidate warenty

what warranty is it you have?

my own opinion on this is whether or not you envisage selling car.

Full Lexus Service History is something people will be looking for when they buy.

Does it already have FLSH?

if it has, and you think you might sell, then it might be worth keeping up. It won't add that much to the value, but will help it sell - people like to know that the car has been looked after.

If you plan on keeping it until it eventually falls apart - then the service history is less relevant - take it somewhere were you are happy that they will do a decent job for a decent price.

If its a Lexus Succession warranty, then you are stuck with servicing at a Lexus dealer in order to keep the warranty.

At least with the warranty you know your servicing prices are fixed, as the warranty covers everything other than consumables,

I got a new exhaust manifold, instrument cluster bulbs and radiator out of my warranty. All done with no question.

insist on a lexus stamp as well

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links