Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Lamps

Kavey

Hey all

My car has different fog lights the the UK, due to the Altezza bumper. Unfortunately the glass is cracked on both fogs, and they look pretty rank with the condensation in them.

Am I likely to need to get JDM replacements, or would some fogs I could get from the UK fit? Anyone know where I can get good fogs from? Are fog lamps pretty standard in sizes?

They are perfectly round and just under 10 cm in diameter. I know the JDM part number, but I'd rather get some with toughened plastic lenses like the headlamps than get glass again.

In reality I've hardly ever used them, as it's rarely foggy, but they look pretty bad on the car now :(

Any advice?

Cheers!

Asam

i am sure you can get replacements without having to get JDM ones - the only thing u will need to look at is the way they are mounted to the bumper to see if you have to convert the replacements. - easiest thing to do is have a look at lighting sites etc , such as hella - gives full specs and how about fensport and those type of shops? thier websites are normally good with the details.

Hmm. Well i just went to the big H and they weren't much use. :angry:

Went to the Hella site too, but all their fog lamp sizes seem larger than the 10cm diameter ones I have :unsure:

Fensport don't seem to have anything like fogs listed for the Altezza :sad:

Who else makes fogs. Surely it can't be that hard to find some 10cm fog lamps? :blink:

dont look for altezza stuff - look for universal items- as for hella can u go a little bit bigger than 10 cm or not?

Yeah - i couldn't see any fogs on fensport to be honest, even under universal.

I could probably go a few mm above the 10 cm width, but there's not much of a gap. I've got an old lamp off the car - I had a slight impact and one of the fogs was bust and they replaced the pair - so I've got something to compare if I can find a shop that sells them... :unsure:

I also rang my local Lexus to find out the price on the part but they couldn't find it in the catalogue, even though i had the part number. :blink:

I also rang my local Lexus to find out the price on the part but they couldn't find it in the catalogue, even though i had the part number

as i said Kavey, contact Chris Shipley, he does wonders does that guy :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links