Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Here...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it would be pretty obvious if the items are just dusty from laying on shelves, or have been used in a car (e.g. bits stuck in the intercooler, oily marks, bits inside the airbox, etc) :unsure:

yes, but TTE kits come wrapped in bubble wrap, the with TTE tape all over them....

everything is wrapped, individuallythe kits were packed like that at TTE years ago, and kept in A box, not just bits on a shelf which are picked of as and when a customer wants them.

they were packed kits ready for dispatch, as were the kits sold by TGB, in bulk to prolex/charlsworth

was everything in a box, all wrapped in bubble wrap with white tape with red TTE lettering on it, holding the bubble wrap down.

also in the kit should be a cardboard box with all the nuts, bolts, screws and small parts for the kit in, again, sealed with TTE tape.

if not, this is not a new kit, its a kit that has been opened, also within the kit should be the parts list, and some kits came with the fitting instructions

i going to email the guy prolex sold them to and see what he has to say and i will email prolex

ticked me right off

Hello mate,

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. I also bought one of the kits from Markus Reinisch and I paid for it a month ago. Since then I haven't heard anything from him, despite my five e-mails asking about the status of the order. Today I recieved a reply from Gerlinde Reinisch who told me Markus is in Japan, buying cars. Fortunately the kit was shipped out yesterday and should hopefully get here tomorrow.

I've also spoken to another buyer from Germany. He told me that he met up with Markus in Cologne when he drove there to pick up the supercharger kits from TTE. I also thought these were all brand new kits, but now I'm unsure. I'll let you know when my kit arrives.

Another thing that worries me is that, according to the Austrian postal service, the package only weights 19,2 kg. From what I've read I understand that this either means the kit isn't complete at all, or it's in more than one box with seperate tracking numbers.

Cheers

Patrik

well if markus picked up the kit from germany why did i get one from dave then i should have got the from markus aswell. well i have emailed him and awaitng reply. dont think this is going to get anywhere. so ticked off.

i bought it off markus who bought the kits off dave. when he had them for sale. so if markus picked them up from germany then i would have got one from markus not from dave.

actually looking at the pipework, this is the early pipework where it had the bends as part of it, however...this is definitely NOT a new kit that supercharger is old.

its utter bollocks that just because its an early kit it should still have all been wrapped up, this looks to me like a cobbled together kit with some old stock mk1 sc bits from TGB (the pipes) and an old compressor and possibly other bits, for ******s sake the bolts are even rusty

the airbox however is a mk2 airbox, in that it is in 2 half's and made from plastic (by the looks)

this is not a kit from TTE in Germany...fact

this is a Mk 1 sc kit as sold in bulk to TGB around 8 years ago, this is proved by the mk 1 piping which includes the bends going into the sc.

however as i have said above, it would still all be packaged up, not corroded and rusty, and certainly no oil in the compressor

i bought it off markus who bought the kits off dave. when he had them for sale. so if markus picked them up from germany then i would have got one from markus not from dave.

ok, if you got it from Markus then you should be going back to Markus, it's up to Markus as to how he managed to obtain it. It's not really down to Dave to sort it out directly if you bought it from Markus. Markus needs to sort it out for you. Though of course, he himself might want to talk to Dave about it.

If Markus told you it was a new kit then it seems that you have not received what you were told.

It also seems like it is not a complete kit, whether it was supposed to be used or new.

was on the phone to prolex now and he said these kits are 9 year old. they are like brand new and were locked up for ages and they are being sold now.

''like brand new'' whats that surposed to mean ?

if they were new they would be like mat said all bubble wrapped up individually and boxed up to go

they are like brand new.

From this one can assume that cosmetically the sc/kit looks old, but internally the kit/sc is new? I'm no expert on s/c kit for the IS200 or any other car.

Still doesn't explain why the kit is incomplete.

well phone prolex and he says the kit were recovered from lexus as they had some left overs and the kits were in a mess so they kits sent to markus are just like mines aswell. used but they are used for a very little time. so he told me to email markus if he has those pipes as it would have been posted to him by accident.

well patrik as far as i think your kit is like mine mate.

well yeah. he said 9 year old and they were locke dup hence the dirt and stains on them. he goes were on a car for a very little time for testing and then taken off by lexus and locked up for ages which they have found now and completed the kt and sent out. so really who ever bought the kit off markus were all used. well as prolex say they are new.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links