Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Garage Door

kam05

We (Me & Mrs Kam05) will be having a brick-built garage built to the side of our house this summer. Our builder has given me a quote (which we are happy with and we have seen the quality of his work). The quote does not include a garage door (our builder says the choice of garage door is a personal choice). The cost of the garage door is extra and our builder will not get involved with this (fair enough, at least he is upfront/honest about it).

Question is what kind of garage door would you recommend? A basic up and over door, roller door or I have seen the sectional doors? Can anyone recommend a garage door company in the West Yorkshire area (preferably in the Leeds/surrounding areas).

Wifey wants a automated door, but I have said if it costs too much (we have a budget, which I want to stick to as close as possible), an automated door is out of the question.

Any advice/opinions most welcome.

Thanks

If money is no object, the one I'd go for is a sectional automated door. They look the best (like an ordinary garage door) but give you the added benefit of rising vertically so you can park right up to it.

Rollers also rise vertically but imo they don't look great, look more like shutters on a shop than a garage door, but if it's out of site this could be the cheapest option.

What sort of budget do you have? Can't remember how much it cost when we had our garage motor replaced a while back but don't think it was more than a few hundred quid. As aztec says though, with pretty much any garage door the motor can be added later, just make sure to put an electric socket on the roof so you can just plug it in when you do.

Thanks for the advice people.

I've had a quick look on eBay, and I have seen a automated sectioned door for £450 (need to check my plans for height and width in order to get the right price).

I guess I need to calculate fitting costs as well if I did buy the automated door from eBay. Think I will contact someone local.

I'm not sure how you're planning to do it but if the garage hasn't been built yet try to set the garage door behind the brickwork as it looks much better that way :)

bild_upload_t.apatagelos_20060118-140239.jpg

I'm not sure how you're planning to do it but if the garage hasn't been built yet try to set the garage door behind the brickwork as it looks much better that way :)

bild_upload_t.apatagelos_20060118-140239.jpg

That's how it will be built. Work is due to start in June/July time.

We (Me & Mrs Kam05) will be having a brick-built garage built to the side of our house this summer. Our builder has given me a quote (which we are happy with and we have seen the quality of his work). The quote does not include a garage door (our builder says the choice of garage door is a personal choice). The cost of the garage door is extra and our builder will not get involved with this (fair enough, at least he is upfront/honest about it).

Question is what kind of garage door would you recommend? A basic up and over door, roller door or I have seen the sectional doors? Can anyone recommend a garage door company in the West Yorkshire area (preferably in the Leeds/surrounding areas).

Wifey wants a automated door, but I have said if it costs too much (we have a budget, which I want to stick to as close as possible), an automated door is out of the question.

Any advice/opinions most welcome.

Thanks

My friends dad owns a company called "The garage door company" which are based all over the uk

http://www.thegaragedoorcompany.ltd.uk/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links