Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Turbo Engine Into Non Turbo Gs300

the qustion might sound stupid for some of u, but i got gs300 and now i have a chance to get ariston turbo engine of my friends damaged ariston. Would it be a lot of job to put everything together? Would my gear box be OK. I had ariston 5 years ago, and i want the same flying feeling :)

the qustion might sound stupid for some of u, but i got gs300 and now i have a chance to get ariston turbo engine of my friends damaged ariston. Would it be a lot of job to put everything together? Would my gear box be OK. I had ariston 5 years ago, and i want the same flying feeling :)

"Ariston"? :unsure: Im pretty sure you mean the Toyota Aristo, the sister/brother car to our GS's. Engines will fit of course but i suggest you get yourself along to clubaristo.net and ask there. Be far easier to have both cars sat side by side for a swap. Hopefully the folks on there will be able to tell you what needs changing. Will depend on year and what models both cars are. Looms, ECU, Box etc etc. But, it can be done ;)

You'd find more information on the American Lexus forums. They have to do the swap because they drive on the wrong side of the road.

In the UK the swap is pointless. It would cost more than just selling your GS and buying an Aristo.

There's always someone looking for a 2JZ-GTE for a swap into a drift car or a non-turbo Supra, so he shouldnt have any problems selling it.

Not pointless. You dont even know how much the engine would be costing him? I agree that Aristo's can be bought cheap now, but the lad might like his Lexus model, may be a sport which no aristo was offered as. Might be in exellent condition. Its each to there own im afraid. I also agree the engine should sell, but to answer your question it is do-able yes.

I agree with Gareth, and seeing as you can get some awesome imports from Japan which are ten years old which means you don't need to worry about ESVA it would definitely be better to do that :)

Plus you've got something that came like that stock, without having to go through all the expense, heartache and headaches of doing the swap!

Plus you could also probably bring in an Aristo with a single turbo and all the trimmings for much less than the swap would cost :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links