Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted My Supercharger

yea that cooler looks a good few inches too low. what cooler is it matey?? not the TTE one thats part of the original setup?? is it easy enough to be lifted back up??

the TTE badge looks lovely mate, really like that. is it from prolex as i remember seeing some similar on there??? take it it just clips on??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The IC is one off intercooler king on eBay. Its a smaller version of what Wozza and Rabster have on theirs but its bigger than the stock TTE one. I got the TTE badge off eBay for far too much money when I was a little tipsy, but i do know Prolex do them.

It has legs like the Sport badge looks like but the legs dont fit very well through the grille and the Sport badge is actually stuck to a black bar on the sport grill. I didnt want to have both badges so removed the sport badge - cut the legs off the TTE badge and then superglued it to the black bar that supported the sport badge as it is not along as the sport badge.

The IC is one off intercooler king on ebay. Its a smaller version of what Wozza and Rabster have on theirs but its bigger than the stock TTE one. I got the TTE badge off ebay for far too much money when I was a little tipsy, but i do know Prolex do them.

It has legs like the Sport badge looks like but the legs dont fit very well through the grille and the Sport badge is actually stuck to a black bar on the sport grill. I didnt want to have both badges so removed the sport badge - cut the legs off the TTE badge and then superglued it to the black bar that supported the sport badge as it is not along as the sport badge.

pmsl at the badge from eBay!!

looks good mate anyhow.....hope you get the i/c a little higher up mate.

enjoy the charger matey!!!

yep eBay when drunk is dangerous :P Also have TTE Compressor badge fitted on the rear under the IS200 logo which i got direct from TTE.

I have been enjoying the charger - been noticing the power increase as the ECU learns. I think i still have boost leaks and some belt slip but power is definitely way up.

BTW guys does belt slip feel a bit like a slipping clutch? As the power is there then its gone then its there again at low revs when i floor it and then suddenly seems to catch as the revs rise and then holds. (I'm really rubbish at explaining these thing.)

Cleaned up the engine bay a little yesterday:

68267671.jpg

Gonna go see Rabster on Saturday to sort out the IC

Quick question: I've got the FCD set on 10 and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong going on. I know most of you guys have it set on 8 - 9 what sort of difference should i notice with the lower settings? I know most people say "what feels better" - but wouldn't mind some pointers.

Chris what difference did you notice between settings?

When i had it on 10 it wouldnt go past 5800 revs and felt like it hit the limiter but on 9 its great, :) Still think it was a dodgy connection from when i first fitted it though, Iceman67 soldered all my connections at the weekend for me and got rid of my dodgy connectors! (thanks Neil) :D

ah ok so if it revs all they way to the limiter on 10 i assume i should just leave it then? (I know i should avoid hitting the limiter due to precats melting) My FCD is on spade connectors for power & ground, but soldered on the intercept.

ah ok so if it revs all they way to the limiter on 10 i assume i should just leave it then? (I know i should avoid hitting the limiter due to precats melting) My FCD is on spade connectors for power & ground, but soldered on the intercept.

If it feels ok to you mate, i'd leave it where it is :D

But nothing stopping you trying it on 9 and see if it makes any difference, and if not just put it back to 10 :)

i have mines on 8 and when i put my foot down it feels like the power cutting out so going to put it at 9 to see what happens

i doubt its hitting the fuel cut on 8. possibly running too lean so 9 is a better option.

if its fine on 10 leave it mate.

I got the TTE badge off ebay for far too much money when I was a little tipsy, but i do know Prolex do them.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the TTE Badge.

I bought the same one from Toyota and I think if I remember corectly I payed about £9 for it

What you mean by over run? like a sort of dump valve sound?

if so, check the spring on the bypass isnt sticking

i get a little bit of a dump valve noise when i change gear.

yeah from what i can hear its the air being forced out of any where that is leaking before the bypass opens - hopefully all gonna be sorted this weekend. I know my IC connectors are not as tight as they could be.

yeah saw some other nice ones - just they all had Turbo written on them and didnt want that. Just went for the cheapest one; as from what i can tell Boost gauges are pretty simple bits of kit.

yeah saw some other nice ones - just they all had Turbo written on them and didnt want that. Just went for the cheapest one; as from what i can tell Boost gauges are pretty simple bits of kit.

Having turbo on thems not an issue for me ;)

And boost gauges look simple but actually quite technical bits of kit, as the insides have to be nigh on perfect to keep a good reading through the scale. as its something i work with everyday i take them to work and calibrate them and you'd be suprised how many arent the best at reading the correct pressure.

though personally i trust well made mechanical gauges over the electrical ones.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links