Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Weekend...in Pics !

After getting new tyres last week, i thought i would celebrate by going to Castle Combe with some friends.

3476767072_4162a9ff17_o.jpg

3475964205_2b57e4e651_o.jpg

3475962731_b43316d04e_o.jpg

3475961393_e3855b9615_o.jpg

3475959775_a9e092aaba_o.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

I used to go out on track with my other car, but i sold it the other week, and this was the Lexus first real proper run on track. I see now that the next items on the list are springs, and trip to WIM. Then hopefully it should eliminate the boat-like feel it has, stiffen it up, but also try to keep it’s comfortable ride feel while on normal roads.

I also shared my track time with an ISF, which was nice to have another Lex with me, and it sounded absolutely gorgeous !!!

3475112251_24febf8ba8_o.jpg

3475111709_ccc940e97c_o.jpg

Is this anyones from here ?

IMHO the relatively straightforward mods/improvements that will make the biggest difference to handling, in desending order, are :

1. WIM

2. Uprated ARBs

3. Lowering springs (given that you mentioned springs as opposed to coilovers)

The reason for putting WIM top is that you'll probably notice a fair bit of difference going in a straight line, whereas you won't notice new ARBs until you go round a corner (but when you do, what a difference !). The first two on there own will make a huge improvement.

Is is Supercharged & a manual?

It's a manual, and completely standard !

The only mod it has is a iPod connector :winky:

I’ve done a few track days with my old cars, but never in anything so big and heavy as the IS. Personally, going fast, overtaking and beating every one, is not essential. Although it is a good feeling when you do, and on that track day, the Lex was doing ok keeping up, but wasn't the quickest, It’s all about having fun. If I was in it to be the fastest, I wouldn’t of chosen a Lexus :lol:

IMHO the relatively straightforward mods/improvements that will make the biggest difference to handling, in desending order, are :

1. WIM

2. Uprated ARBs

3. Lowering springs (given that you mentioned springs as opposed to coilovers)

The reason for putting WIM top is that you'll probably notice a fair bit of difference going in a straight line, whereas you won't notice new ARBs until you go round a corner (but when you do, what a difference !). The first two on there own will make a huge improvement.

It’s interesting you say that, because in my mind I was going to do it in the opposite order. :lol:

I would of thought, if I got it WIM-med first, and then adjust the suspension with springs and ARBs, that would have undone all the good work from WIM, and would of needed doing again.

Are the settings from WIM secure and permanent, and no matter what you do to the suspension, they will always remain the same ?

Your car is beautiful mate. Where did u get ur alloys & how much?

Col.. :D

After getting new tyres last week, i thought i would celebrate by going to Castle Combe with some friends.

I used to go out on track with my other car, but i sold it the other week, and this was the Lexus first real proper run on track. I see now that the next items on the list are springs, and trip to WIM. Then hopefully it should eliminate the boat-like feel it has, stiffen it up, but also try to keep it’s comfortable ride feel while on normal roads.

I also shared my track time with an ISF, which was nice to have another Lex with me, and it sounded absolutely gorgeous !!!

It’s interesting you say that, because in my mind I was going to do it in the opposite order. :lol:

I would of thought, if I got it WIM-med first, and then adjust the suspension with springs and ARBs, that would have undone all the good work from WIM, and would of needed doing again.

Are the settings from WIM secure and permanent, and no matter what you do to the suspension, they will always remain the same ?

No, you're right, if you get the car WIM'd, then you lower it, the geometry will be altered so will need recovering again by WIM.

Where I was coming from really was (just IMHO of course) if you were going to do these things separately over a period of time, what I think gives the most benefit etc. So if you were going to do springs and WIM together pretty soon, then that would be good. Although I think that if you put on uprated ARBs and got WIM'd you'd see an even bigger difference (putting uprated ARBs on might upset the geometry just slightly, but nothing like as much as lowering the car).

Depends on whether you were going to get a whole bunch of things at once, or whatever. ARBs cost more than lowering springs though, so it's all a bit tricky doing the whole cost/benefit analysis ! :D

If you were doing all three things separately over a period of time, I still think that the order that I put would be a good way to go about things, albeit with a re-WIM'ing being required with the springs.

Ah.... I understand what you mean now. You are proberly right in getting WIM'd as i've just put my tyres on the car, and i really don't want them going wearing out quicker than they should. Plus it will give me time to look around for a better deal, or even to go down in price.

I know you have told me once before, and you got them from Japan but what are your ARBs ? are they TRDs ?

Your car is beautiful mate. Where did u get ur alloys & how much?

Col.. :D

Thank you mate !

There are Lexus alloys, and i got them new, from a very a good member off here, for a very good price ! :winky:

They were only put on last week, so still look sparkly and clean in the pics.

Here are some close up pics when it's not moving.

These are the old wheels...

017.jpg

And the current wheels...

023.jpg

They do have the Lexus centre caps, but not at the time when i took that pic.

Looks like you had fun matey, driving the IS200 is great fun on track, I really I loved

The Nurburgring LOC trip last year, the cars, the company, the roads, and of course The Nurburgring !!

WozzaOnTheRingMaster3.jpg

It would have been perfect if the weather was warmer, my first lap was @ zero degrees C

with black ice everywhere !!

You’re a brave man wozza to do the ring with black ice.

The whole Nurburg experience is so much fun. I was there last year in July with my old car, and there were perfect weather conditions for doing laps.

Sorry if I’m rubbing it in :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links